Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Federal HR Specialist - On-call
Has your career been centered in Federal government Human Resources? Are you geared up for a new challenge, applying your expertise to reimagining how the government delivers HR services to managers, employees, and applicants? Are you recently retired, and eager to try something new and different? Then you are ready to join ICF as we harness new technologies to improve HR customer experience in the federal government.
In this new position, you will use your deep Federal HR experience to develop improved HR policies, processes, and supporting documentation. You will work with IT specialists and agency representatives, advising them on options for meeting federal manager HR needs. You will be critical to project success.
We specifically are looking for individuals who are experts in:
Federal Staffing, Recruiting, Pay Setting, Position Classification, and Position Management
This part-time opportunity will allow you an important role in large innovative projects and continued engagement with experts in your field, while building new consulting skills. You will work in a fast-paced and changing environment. Our Federal clients include organizations within nearly every Cabinet-level agency of government. Previous experience with the Department of Homeland Security or the Department of Defense is a plus.
- Contribute to the development of innovative, timely, and high quality organizational and workforce solutions and services
- Provide strategic and tactical advisory services to teams leading major HR transformation efforts
- Develop, review, and advise on highly technical federal HR operations and identify innovation and improvement options
- Apply knowledge of federal HR operations within an innovative Information Technology environment
- Coordinate with other members of project teams
- Build relationships with Federal clients
- 10 years of Federal government experience consulting on a range of Federal HR issues and matters, with special expertise in: Staffing and Hiring, Job Classification, Position Management, Pay Setting
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Applications (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- 5 years experience with Federal Human Resources Information Technology systems, such as payroll (e.g., USDA National Finance Center); hiring (e.g., USA Jobs or USA Staffing); position classification (e.g., PD Library); Performance Management systems (agency-specific); or Learning Management Systems
- Experience at a Departmental level, balancing the needs and requirements of bureaus, components, or sub-agencies
- Oral presentation and facilitation skills
- Knowledge of the Federal sector
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities
- High attention to detail
- Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment under strict deadlines
- Demonstrated outstanding level of professionalism, including ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy
- Flexibility to handle multiple priorities
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, outside clients, and vendors
- Ability and interest in learning new software tools and in transferring knowledge
- Ability and willingness to develop and deliver presentations
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)