Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
ICF is seeking a Technology Director to support digital experience and enterprise web for public sector clients. In this high visibility role, you will work in a hands-on capacity to lead design and technical discussions with project teams, assist in the design of technical solutions for proposals, and gain trusted advisor status with clients.
We are looking for a creative technologist who can communicate technology decisions to business leadership. Preventing the problem is the goal but finding the solution is your focus.
You believe that it can always be made better, faster, and more reliable. We'll put you in the position to prove you're right.
What you'll be doing day to day
- Assess and Advise
- You'll review our products and engineering processes to improve, standardize, and drive business value while decreasing the effort to get there.
- You'll share strategic technical direction with the rest of the organization.
- You'll become a trusted advisor to our clients and delivery teams.
- Envision the Future
- You'll demonstrate thought leadership in cloud computing and solution architecture for citizen-facing digital experiences.
- You'll design solutions that address complex modernization challenges while balancing our clients' business constraints.
- You'll maintain awareness of and evaluate emerging COTs solutions, cloud capabilities, technologies and tools.
- You'll help roadmap the path to help our clients move away from outdated approaches to approaches that are more performant, reliable, scalable, and easier to maintain.
- Build the Practice
- In service to your vision for the future, you'll drive internal Continuous Improvement initiatives for the digital engineering practice.
- You'll identify gaps in skill sets and capabilities for the future. Then you'll help us grow them.
- You'll work with the team to maintain platform technology and accelerators, including application performance monitoring, automated cloud provisioning templates, and automated bootstrap and configuration management code.
- You’ll provide input on industry standards and collaborate with fellow team leaders to prioritize and execute ongoing standardization initiatives.
What you must have
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related discipline (or equivalent experience and certifications).
- 4+ years of client-facing technology leadership at the program level, along with a successful track record of delivery.
- 4+ years of experience with prominent cloud, service-oriented, and platform-based application technologies with demonstrated design and system development accomplishments.
- Successful track record of diagnosing and fixing critical, customer-facing production issues.
Ideally, you will also have
- Experience supporting projects following SDLC and RMF for federal customers, including ATO categorization, documentation, and processes.
- Excellent oral communications, thought leadership, and formal presentation skills
- Demonstrated understanding of TOGAF and SAFe.
- Depth of experience with AWS, GCP, Azure, or container cloud services and modern container orchestration systems: Kubernetes, Mesos, DC/OS, Swarm.
- Familiarity with industry standards for building services in IaaS/PaaS/SaaS in Cloud environments.
- Depth of experience implementing and integrating – as part of a broader enterprise solution – COTs, and open source products such as ServiceNow, Appian, Salesforce, Adobe Experience Manager, Adobe Campaign, Drupal, and WordPress.
- Comfort facilitating and/or supporting human centered design, technology discovery, and system design workshops.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)