Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
ICF Next is seeking a highly motivated Scrum Master to support citizen facing digital solutions for a variety of Federal clients. The Scrum Master will inspire and empower collaborative teams to deliver quality, innovative, and highly scalable web-based applications to end clients. The ideal Scrum Master will have prior experience coaching teams on Agile best practices, processes, and tools. This role works with matrixed and cross disciplinary teams. It leads the successful delivery across markets, ensuring teams are appropriately resourced, focused on the key priorities, and aligned between roadmaps to project objectives.
In this role, you will:
- Guides and coaches teams on how to use Agile practices and principles to deliver high quality products and services to our customers.
- Gets teams to a high performing level by recognizing areas of strength and improvement and employing appropriate coaching and development techniques.
- Ensures the development teams are practicing the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility.
- Responsible for ensuring Scrum is understood and the team adheres to Scrum theory, practice, and guidelines.
- Works with teams, as well as internal and external stakeholders, to influence and drive decision making.
- Asks difficult questions, removes impediments, and makes issues and problems visible. Escalates as necessary.
- Works with Agile coaches and other Scrum Masters to grow within the role.
- Facilitates and supports all scrum events: Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospective.
- Ensures cross functional coordination (UX, analysts, developers and testers) is occurring early and often
- Uses Jira to provide visibility to status, metrics, predictability, throughput, quality, impediments, and dependencies.
- Contributes to the advancement and improvement of Agile practices within the organization.
For this role, you will have:
- 5-7 years of experience in Agile development including coaching on agile methodologies.
- Scrum Master Certification (Highly Preferred)
- Ability to coach a team and stakeholders on Agile practices and ensure adherence to Agile methodology.
- Strong facilitation skills in leading planning meetings, reviews, and retrospectives.
- Enjoys solving problems and able to resolve conflicts through strong mediation skills.
- Communicates clearly and can deliver complex messages and teach new concepts.
- Motivated, driven, and can influence and drive teams to success using Agile/SAFe/Scrum/Lean practices.
- Proven leadership experience in achieving successful project outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross functional teamwork in and across teams and organizations.
- Knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, methodologies, architectures and technical standards
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related technical discipline
- Advanced level of proficiency with Atlassian JIRA, Confluence and Mural
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)