Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Public Health Data Analyst- Atlanta, GA
Our public health group is growing and we’re currently seeking a Public Health Data Analyst to work in Atlanta, GA.
Job Description and Key Responsibilities:
The Public Health Data Analyst, primarily using SAS and MS Access, will contribute to cleaning, editing, and processing the Center for Disease Control and Prevention’s Medical Monitoring Project (MMP) data. In addition, the resource will lead and contribute to advanced data analysis requests using MMP data. A few responsibilities include, but not limited to, are below:
- Provide analysis and interpretation of data using SAS.
- Maintain, update, and enhance existing MS Access database containing survey questionnaire information.
- Develop presentation graphics; definitions of variables for survey questionnaires, including variable names, range labels, default values, and question strings.
- Review data collection instruments and protocols, including SOPs; update existing instruments, protocols, and SOPs, as needed.
- Oversee data quality control processes, formulating processes and workflows for data collection, refinement, and management.
- Automate tasks within the data collection, cleaning, review, and management process, as possible (e.g., writing scripts to update or correct mislabeled data as definitions get revised or allocation is attributed to a different domain).
- Generate data retrievals and summary outputs.
- Work collaboratively with leadership to resolve data collection/management issues.
- Support dissemination and reporting of data to stakeholders.
- BS/BA degree in Public Health, Statistics, or related field.
- 1+ years' MS Access database software experience.
- 2+ years' demonstrated experience with SAS programming in the following areas:
- Understanding of relational tables and macros; ability to perform data linkages.
- Experience in managing, merging, and analyzing large SAS survey data sets and understanding design variables including weights, clusters and strata
- Expertise in large database manipulation, transfer and storage.
- Expertise in modeling including linear regression and logistic regression.
- Experience in generating SAS-based reports using a variety of methods (e.g., PROC REPORT) and exporting those reports to other formats such as Microsoft Excel, and RTF.
- Skill in manipulating and cleaning data using a variety of SAS functions, formats/informats, macros, and procedures.
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Statistics, or related field.
- Experience with HIV data or similar.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and ability to meet short work deadlines.
- Detail-oriented and able to create meticulous documentation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills: experience with written and oral presentation of data, ability to interact professionally with senior research staff and CDC.
- Ability to work independently to develop and troubleshoot SAS programs.
- Ability to communicate and teamwork with a group to perform complex tasks.
- Commitment to generating accurate data and products, keep good documentation..
- Ability to conceptualize and work within the big picture as well as the minute details
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Atlanta, GA (GA18)