Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Head Start AI/AN Early Childhood Specialist – Region XI
Home Based anywhere in the USA
Region XI (AI/AN)
ICF seeks an experienced Early Childhood (EC) Specialist to support American Indian and Alaska Native (AI/AN) Head Start and Early Head Start programs to ensure high quality Head Start and Early Head Start services in accordance with federal regulations. The Early Childhood Specialist will provide training and technical assistance (TTA) to programs in the following areas:
- Providing support to programs on how to measure and make progress toward established school readiness goals
- Helping programs to use child and program data to make decisions about approaches to working with teachers, home visitors, and parents in quality practices.
- Parent, Family, Community Engagement
- Providing support to programs to develop ways to provide professional development to their staff, including coaching.
The Specialist will provide professional-level expertise by engaging programs in culturally respectful dialogue to help programs build their capacity to provide high-quality services to children and families.
This position is home-based in the U.S. and will involve extensive travel up to 50% of the time to programs across the United States where the candidate is assigned once COVID restrictions are lifted.
- Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development (18 ECE credits are required, transcripts will be requested), and ten years of professional experience.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in the field of early childhood education.
- 5+ years of experience offering training and technical assistance within early care and education.
- Ability to maintain up to date knowledge of current child development practices and research based early childhood quality methods and approaches.
- Understanding of developmentally appropriate practice in early childhood education and the ability to support its use in school readiness goals.
- Must have valid driver's license and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check.
- Knowledge of working with American Indian/Alaska Native peoples, including knowledge of working within tribal reservations and villages.
- Knowledge of Head Start performance standards and all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of the CLASS tool for preschool
- Experience working within a Head Start Program.
- Experience working with Infants/Toddlers and their families
- Experience in parent, family, community engagement
- Experience working with dual language learners
- Experience working with unique populations
- Experience working in different learning environments (home based, center based, etc.)
- Experience in working within early elementary school systems
- Experience with mental health and/or social emotional development of children
- Experience working with American Indian/Alaska Native peoples.
- Experience working remotely.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
S Dakota Remote Office (SD99)