Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Utility & Decarbonization Strategy Manager
Utility & Decarbonization Strategy ManagerFairfax, VA
What would you do?
You will be a key member of a client facing consulting team within ICF’s Commercial Energy Practice. You will be primarily responsible for leading projects and managing staff to deliver solutions to identified client problems, including review and presentation of analytical findings. You will lead teams that use a variety of analytical and modeling techniques to assess and forecast climate policy and decarbonization impacts, in order to provide insights that support utility strategic planning and regulatory efforts. Your work will play a critical role in helping natural gas utilities, combined utilities, governments, generators, investors, and other clients prepare for and adapt to changing market, technology, and policy conditions over the coming years. The primary focus of your role will be decarbonization in the buildings sector, but you will work closely with, and be exposed to, teams specializing in decarbonization impacts on other sectors, such as power, transport, and RNG. Candidates with relevant utility decarbonization experience outside of the buildings sector are also encouraged to apply. This position is formally posted under the location of ICF’s headquarters (Fairfax, VA), but ICF will also consider candidates based in other regions.
- Lead teams that perform quantitative and economic analyses of decarbonization scenarios and approaches, and climate change policies, with a focus on impacts and opportunities for gas and combined utilities, to assess and forecast future technology adoption, fuel and power consumption, cost impacts, GHG emission reductions, and implementation and regulatory challenges.
- Manage and grow client relationships by delivering excellent value, consistency, quality, and dependability
- Support sales and business development efforts with market research, proposal development, and thought leadership
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with other ICF and client teams
- Mentor and provide direction junior staff in the course of their work
- A bachelor’s degree in the fields of engineering, energy policy, business, or economics
- 5+ years of work experience related to the analysis of natural gas demand, energy efficiency, and/or electrification in the buildings sector (residential, commercial, institutional), or utility regulatory policy.
- Strong analytical aptitude and experience with Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, and Excel) and other analytical tools.
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Experience overseeing technical staff for task delivery
- 5+ years of experience working with natural gas or electric utilities
- Master’s degree in the fields of engineering, energy policy, business, or economics
- Consulting experience
- Client management experience
- Business development experience
- Specialized knowledge of opportunities related to the decarbonization of gas utilities, including energy efficiency, methane emission reductions, renewable natural gas, hydrogen, and/or heat pumps
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)