Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
508 Compliance Specialist
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world.
We’re changemakers, a community of mission driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists. We’re searching for our next communications manager who can take charge and spearhead our communications efforts with our federal clients, including transportation, cybersecurity, energy, and disaster management.
We are currently hiring a 508 compliance expert to support our Federal transportation client. We help our clients communicate how their critical work is improving the safety, mobility, and performance of our nation’s transportation infrastructure. This role is responsible for 508 compliance of Word, PDF and other Microsoft based documents, assist the client with writing, editing, and formatting in the Microsoft Suite of products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)conduct light editing and provide QA/QC, touch up images in Photoshop to ensure they meet 508 standards, develop weekly/monthly reports, and checklists to ensure product accuracy and on-time delivery.
As a 508 Specialist, you will:
- Have experience with 508 compliance within the Microsoft suite of products
- Be able to learn new 508 skills quickly
- Understand and have experience with 508 standards WCAG 2.1 AA and AAA
- Experience using assistive technology, including JAWS
- Experience working with Adobe Acrobat Pro and CommonLook
- Perform copy editing and document formatting as it relates to 508 within the Microsoft suite of products
- Touch up images and graphics with Photoshop to ensure they meet 508 color contrast standards
- Perform QA/QC on a variety of documents and products
- Ensure products meet agency and department branding, logo and 508-compliance guidance
As a 508 Specialist, you will have:
- 5 or more years with Federal 508 compliance experience
- 3 or more years of editing, proofing, or copy editing technical information
- Experience and familiarity with Federal GPO requirements and the Microsoft suite of products
- High attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities
- Ability to provide excellent, error-free quality control/assurance on all products
- Experience working comfortably in a demanding, deadline-oriented environment, with very complex processes and tasks with multiple phases
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Energetic, self-starter, and resourceful problem solver; can-do attitude and willingness to jump in where needed
Job Location(s): Within the current COVID-19 landscape, this role will be supported remotely. This role will ultimately be required to attend infrequent in-person meetings at the client site in Washington, DC office when remote working guidelines are lifted.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
DC Client Office (DC88)