Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
International Labor Research Specialist (Part-Time) - Rockville, MD
ICF is looking for a research specialist to manage and conduct various types of research and publication support services in the areas of child labor, forced labor, human trafficking, and labor migration. The different types of research activities include desk reviews, on-line information searches, population surveys (in-person and virtual), key informant interviews, and focus group discussions. The research is done for a variety of clients including the U.S. Department of Labor. Research may be conducted from the U.S. or in developing countries.
- Conducting on-line research, technical editing, and fact-checking of publications related to child labor, forced labor and human trafficking
- Providing technical support in the design and implementation of quantitative and qualitative studies
- Analyzing data
- Writing up research findings for a variety of audiences
- Editing the writing of others
- Managing research projects including developing work plans and budgeting
- Procuring and managing the research services of international subcontractors
- MA in international relations, international studies, international law, human rights, public policy, or social sciences with international focus
- 2+ years’ experience conducting research related to global child labor, forced labor, and human trafficking issues
- 5+ years’ experience conducting secondary research for U.S. government reports
- 5+ years’ experience in resource work planning, budgeting, and subcontract management for international research studies
- Ability to produce and edit written documents in English
- Experience conducting and managing quantitative and qualitative research activities in developing countries such as household surveys, focus groups, in-depth interviews, and mixed method studies
- Experience conducting quantitative and qualitative data analysis using software such as STATA, SPSS, NVIVO and Atlas.ti
- Ability to speak and write in French, Portuguese, or Spanish
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Rockville, MD (MD18)