Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Part Time - Survey Research Assistant
Our Survey Research Practice is home to a talented community of survey researchers building robust solutions for government, university and commercial clients. ICF survey products aim to demonstrate quality, credibility, reliability, innovation, responsiveness, and transparency. We have the largest and most extensive history in conducting the CDC’s behavioral risk factor surveillance surveys (BRFSS); Youth risk behavior surveys (YRBS) and other health surveys at the national, state, community and cross-international level; data coordinating and statistical support services; as well as internationally renowned transformative projects such as the Demographic and Health Survey. The Survey Research team works in close collaboration with global ICF experts conducting research across industries including Health (CDC, NIH) Education (DoE), Veteran’s Health (VA), Energy/Environment (EPA), Transportation (DoT), Public Health and Housing (HUD), and Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
ICF is currently seeking an On-Call Research Assistant able to work up to 32 hours per week in our Survey Research Practice.
- Assist with meeting tasks such as logistics, note taking, and material preparation.
- Perform quality assurance checks on data, reports, and presentations.
- Assist in developing and preparing training materials written reports or other deliverables.
- Support of all web, mail, telephone and other data collection activities
- Support of other survey research activities, including data manipulation and cleaning, data analysis, and survey instrument testing.
- Processing outgoing and incoming study documents.
- Conducting and answering calls from study participants.
- Work with senior staff within the company and external clients.
- Support proposal development activities as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree required (social sciences, math, or statistics preferred).
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Strong interest in project management, survey methodology or statistics.
- Experience providing general project support, such as activity tracking, task coordination, and document formatting.
- Excellent verbal, oral, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative data analysis preferred.
- Experience with statistical packages (e.g., SPSS, SAS, R, MiniTab, Stata) preferred.
- Fluency in Spanish or other language(s) is a plus.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities.
- Ability to be flexible, multi-task, prioritize, and manage multiple activities simultaneously in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Strong team player with the ability to take initiative and work well independently.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and as a team member are a must.
- Superior attention to detail.
- A passion of solving complex problems.
- Strong intellectual curiosity.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Burlington, VT (VT01)