Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
HSPD-12 Architecture Lead
ICF has an opening for an HSPD-12 Architecture Team Lead. In this position your primary responsibility will be to lead a team of subject matter experts who provide technical direction, oversight, and project support for a national HSPD-12 (PIV) smart card program for our government client in Woodlawn, MD. Team responsibilities also include: supporting system components for PIV card management, derived PIV credential management, public key infrastructure, physical access, and logical access. The architecture team additionally oversees audit coordination and audit response for a large system boundary, for audits involving FISMA, FPKI, and PIV-specific controls.
Schedule: The candidate will work a standard 8 work-hour day, Monday through Friday, with core hours from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Will telework during pandemic and work onsite at the Agency site in Woodlawn, MD., post pandemic.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Set technical direction for overall HSPD-12 solution implementation and providing subject matter expertise toward problem resolution.
- Provide tasks to architecture team members and follow-up to manage progress and eliminate roadblocks
- Interface regularly with our HSPD-12 Help Desk staff to review trends in tickets, identify common solutions to common problems, preview system changes, and develop knowledge bases.
- Interface regularly with our HSPD-12 Enrollment System development team to ensure quality of new releases, compliance with evolving directives, and provide new requirements for system enhancement
- Interface regularly with customer on acquisition and budgeting matters to ensure adequate inventory of supporting hardware (card stock, etc.), maintenance of vendor support agreements, and replacement of EOL products.
- Participate in customer working groups, Tiger teams, and review boards to ensure integrability of HSPD-12 solution in evolving customer environment
- Ensure continuous, efficient operation of PKI, CMS, and IDMS systems.
- Provide Level 3 technical support to issues in coordination with the help desk and other involved customer groups.
- Assist with planning, implementation, and validation testing of major system upgrades.
- Develop, maintain, and implement test cases to ensure system compliance with Federal requirements and effectiveness in meeting functional requirements.
- Leverage extensive subject matter expertise in HSPD-12 compliant identity proofing, credentialing, and access management to respond to solicitations for new business in the domain
- Support other HSPD-12 related client tasks, as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree plus at least 6 years’ experience with the development and integration of information systems.
- Demonstrated experience with project management and as a team lead
- Working knowledge of all NIST publications related to the HSPD-12 and FICAM domain: FIPS201-2, SP800-73, SP800-76, SP800-78
- Hands-on experience with HSPD-12 enrollment and identity proofing solutions, including enrollment workstations and peripherals, fingerprint adjudication systems (FBI/OPM), and interfaces to downstream credential and access management components
- Hands-on experience with HSPD-12 compliant smart card management systems
- Hands-on experience with Public Key Infrastructure solutions from major vendors
- Experience integrating PKI smart cards into logical and physical access applications, and experience in providing upper-tier support for troubleshooting related problems
- Software development experience
- The candidate would be required to pass a Federal National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) background investigation for this role.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Client Office (MD88)