Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Homeless Services On-Call Consultant (REMOTE Role)
Homeless Services On-Call Consultant (REMOTE role)
ICF’s Homeless Services team works with federal agencies, state and local governments, non-profits, and other community partners to implement evidence-based best practices and to innovate and identify new solutions to ending homelessness. We are currently seeking mission-oriented candidates whose lived experiences with homelessness have provided them with first-hand knowledge of the challenges that currently exist within homelessness response systems and insights into effective solutions.
This position is On-Call (part-time with variable hours; maximum 30 hours per week but may be substantially less) and you can work remotely anywhere in the US. Must have access to reliable internet.
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide subject matter expertise for technical assistance projects that support local efforts to prevent and end homelessness through strategic planning activities, system and program evaluation, data analysis, system modeling, research, and policy development.
- Inform project planning and execution to ensure that lived expertise is meaningfully and intentionally integrated into ICF’s homeless services technical assistance.
- Inform the development of written products and materials, including training sessions, conference presentations, and workshops. Contribute to tools, reports, research and policy guidance.
- Provide thought leadership to the Homeless Services technical assistance team to help develop effective relationships across jurisdictions, systems, and sectors to support alignment in effectively addressing homelessness.
- At least 5 years of experience in the homelessness field, which should include a combination of lived experience of homelessness and professional and/or volunteer experience in the homelessness field
- Prior experience with drawing on personal lived homelessness experience to inform recommendations for local, state, or national homelessness response efforts such as serving on an advisory board or prior consulting experience related to your lived experience (Resume and/or Cover Letter should reflect this experience for consideration, please)
- Effective analytical, interpersonal, and written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to addressing racial and LGBTQ disparities through inclusive and equitable system and program design
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook))
- Access to computer preferred
- Understanding of McKinney-Vento Act and regulations governing the Continuum of Care (CoC) and Emergency Solutions Grants (ESG) programs and other federal mainstream housing and services programs
- Knowledge of HMIS governance, policy, and administration
- Experience with training delivery and provision of technical assistance
- An associate’s or bachelor’s degree is a plus but is not required
- Must have access to computer and reliable internet.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)