Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Consultant - Economist
ICF helps its clients to consider the impacts of policy choices on the economy, environment and society. We offer research, analysis and programme management services to policymakers in the European Commission and national governments around Europe. We provide decision-makers with evidence on impacts, advice on how policies are working and analysis of the likely effects of proposed policies. Our work involves technical analysis and modelling.
We are one of the largest providers of policy support services to the European Commission. Our research and analysis informs the design and improvement of policies and programmes for most of the Directorates-General of the European Commission. Our impact assessments have underpinned numerous EU legislative acts. Decisions on recent EU laws on topics as diverse as protection of whistleblowers, revising the EU’s visa code, work-life balance and food safety have benefited the insights provided by ICF analysis.
We have a diverse, multi-discipline, multi-national team that blends subject matters experts with specialists in different analytical tools and research methods. Our communities of practice and internal training programmes support learning and continuous professional development of everyone who works for us.
We are expanding in response to strong demand for our expertise in economic and econometric analysis of EU policies. In that context, we have a vacancy for an experienced economist with practical experience of EU policy analysis and familiarity with the requirements of the Better Regulation Guidelines.
We anticipate making an appointment at Senior Consultant level, which is typically associated with at least 5 years’ professional experience, but have some flexibility to accommodate both more and less experienced candidates that fit with our broader requirements. We welcome your application whether you have focused your economic expertise on a particular area of policy, or consider yourself more of a generalist.
Work as part of a multi-national, collaborative team of economists, policy analysts and social scientists, you will:
- Help us to win competitive contracts for the delivery of expert policy analysis, including impact assessments, through your contributions to proposals
- Provide analytical inputs – particularly of an economic and/or econometric nature – to impact assessments, evaluations and other studies, principally for the European Commission
- Manage projects, or parts of projects, to achieve given technical, quality and commercial objectives
- Collaborate with colleagues, partners and subcontractors
- Build and maintain relationships with our clients and business partners
- Promote ICF at client meetings, events, networking groups and through social media channels by providing thought leadership content on pertinent topics
- Maintain appropriate records/uphold quality assurance integrity
- Support business development activities
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Bachelor’s degree in economics or related field
- Experience winning and successfully delivering consulting projects for EU institutions and/or public sector clients
- Project, proposal and people management experience
- Good communication skills, including experience of writing reports for EU institutions or governmental organisations
- Strong quantitative analysis skills
- Proven high degree of determination to meet customers’ needs
- Ability to work within multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary consulting teams
- At least 5 years’ professional experience in consulting, research or public service
- Masters’ degree in economics or public policy
- Experience of delivery of EU impact assessments and economic analysis of EU policies
- A good understanding of evaluation methodologies, quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Fluency in a second EU language
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigour to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) provides professional services and technology solutions that deliver beneficial impact in areas critical to the world's future. Since 1969, we have combined a passion for our work with deep industry expertise to tackle our clients' most important challenges. We partner with clients around the globe - advising, executing, innovating - to help them define and achieve success. Our more than 7,000 employees serve government and commercial clients from more than 70 offices worldwide. ICF's website is www.icf.com.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Brussels, Belgium (BE75)