Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
We are the Environment & Planning Division of ICF. We are passionate about doing what’s right for our clients, our people, the communities where we live and work, and the environment. We are planners, scientists, program managers, communicators, economists, technologists, and strategists. We are collaborative, curious, and committed to excellence—these are qualities we value that make us who we are and inspire us to grow. If you perform well in a fast-paced, engaging and collaborative environment, and would like to work with a diverse team of industry professionals, we encourage you to learn more about ICF (www.icf.com) and consider applying to join our team.
ICF is seeking an Environmental Planner/Project Coordinator to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with senior ICF professional staff and client and stakeholder staff on complex projects. Job duties will be primarily focused on environmental compliance for infrastructure projects including water resources, transportation, energy, and planning and development market sectors. The Project Coordinator will serve as internal staff management and external client-facing support role to the Project Manager. This role will be remote as we continue to move through the pandemic, but once on-site work resumes, you may be required to work from our Sacramento, CA office.
What you will do
- Serving as a liaison to direct technical staff on project teams.
- Coordinating project deliverables with document production staff.
- Monitoring project scopes, schedules, and budgets.
- Organizing and facilitating meetings (such as preparing agendas, developing and presenting meeting content, and preparing summaries).
- Communicating with clients, stakeholders, and agency staff.
- Authoring and reviewing analytical sections of environmental documents.
What you must have
- A Bachelor's degree in environmental policy, environmental planning, environmental science, or related field.
- 1+ years of experience, preferably in environmental consulting, environmental law, or working for a federal/state environmental agency
- 1+ years of experience working with and managing complex documents related to the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), Clean Water Act (CWA), and/or the Endangered Species Act (ESA)
- Experience with project coordination and task leadership
- Experience with water resources, flood management, transportation, or other infrastructure development in California.
- Desire to understand highly technical aspects of transportation projects including permitting, resource effects, and agency requirements
- Demonstrable technical writing experience
- Experience overseeing development of technical and/or environmental compliance reports
- Strong MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work with clients and agency staff
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Sacramento, CA (CA82)