Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Mid Level SQL DBA
ICF is seeking an experienced, Mid Level SQL DBA to be onsite at our client, SEC in Washington, DC.
- 24/7 critical support for production environment
- Be able to work with clients, peers and management in a highly visible, mission critical environment (onsite)
- End-to-end knowledge of MS SQL server database technologies including MS SQL Clusters and AlwaysOn Failover Cluster Instances (FCI)
- Experience with deploying and maintaining Enterprise Level SQL Server Farms and AlwaysOn Failover Cluster Instances (FCI)
- Evaluate, implement and maintain Microsoft technology, security updates, hot fixes, upgrades and version releases to ensure architecture stability
- Configure and manage Microsoft's Windows Server 2008/2012, Windows Clustering on a spanned VLAN, and SQL Server 2008/2012/2014/2016, demonstrating how these technologies may be leveraged to impact the architecture's overall design, security, availability and stability
- Solution development and integration of value-add applications to meet new requirements.
- Provide troubleshooting of database instances and OS level support in a consolidated SQL Server environment leveraging a wide-array of configurations, including local and multi-site failover clustering
- Demonstrate ability to analyze resource bottlenecks and provide suggestions to team, management, and internal customers on how to alleviate pressure and plan for capacity
- Provide recommendations and strategies to application owners on how to improve performance and scalability of their database components
- Install, upgrade and administer SQL Server database engine, Integration Services (SSIS), Reporting Services (SSRS), and Analysis Services (SSAS)
- Provide architectural guidance on strategies to improve operations and monitoring of current and future implementations.
- Ability to implement physical designs from logical designs
- Windows and power shell scripting skills (preferred)
- Virtualization (VMWare, preferred)
- Prepare technical documentation
- US Citizenship required for federal agency check
- A minimum of 6 years experience is required, with not less than 4 years of hands on SQL Server DBA experience:
- Experience in Windows Server 2008/2012/ 2016
- Administrative experience in SQL Server 2008 R2/2012/2014/2016/2017
- Experience implementing and managing SQL Server high-availability technologies (replication, mirroring, failover clusters, etc.)
- Experience implementing and managing Windows clustering and AlwaysOn Failover Cluster Instances (FCI)
- MSCE/A or other relevant (e.g. MCP) professional certification a big plus
- Experience working with VMWare
- SQL Server Integration Services package development (SSIS)
- SQL Server Reporting Services report development (SSRS)
- Experience working with IBM and Cisco hardware Experience with Cloud infrastructure like Azure and AWS would be a plus
- Strong verbal and written communications skills as responsibilities include direct client interfacing and the development of documentation (basic)
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
DC Client Office (DC88)