Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Financial Analyst - Disaster Management
ICF is seeking a Financial Analyst with experience in disaster recovery, public finance, or similar work to support disaster recovery work in Austin, Texas. This is an opportunity to be a part of a project management team that is making a significant impact on behalf of state recovery operations working to optimize disaster grant resource management.
What you will be doing:
- Working in a custom-built disaster recovery database to track funding, project progress, and develop customized reporting tools.
- Reviewing federal reimbursement documentation to ensure compliance with federal and state requirements.
- Populating a database with important data for the long-term management of the State’s disaster recovery grants.
- Maintain and determine the accuracy and reliability of agency accounting records, such as expenditure, fund, appropriation, expense and revenue collection records, and ensures agency assets are accounted for properly.
- Reporting variances and recommend adjustments to accounting data to match actual activity.
- Providing technical assistance to the State on management of its disaster recovery grants.
- Assist in creating internal financial operations, including accounting practices, billing and collections, financial planning and analysis, internal audit, back office systems, etc.
- Monitor contractors providing services to the programs.
- Support program performance reporting and analysis by generating performance reporting information and identifying areas for improvement.
- Maintain systems and control necessary to provide accurate accounts of expenditures and budget balances for agency programs.
- Developing or updating procedures for the proper administration of grant funds.
Experience and skills needed to be considered:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1+ year experience working with large datasets or database systems
- 1+ years experience with Microsoft Excel (including the use of pivot tables and advanced formulas)
- Familiarity with Dynamics 365 or Quick Base
- Disaster recovery experience
- Expert problem-solving capabilities and ability to learn quickly and apply knowledge to unique circumstances
- Self-motivated; ability to work independently
- Excellent writing and presentation skills, with experience writing technical information clearly and concisely
These jobs are Section 3 eligible job opportunities. We encourage applications from individuals that are low income and/or living in Public Housing.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Austin, TX (TX18)