Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Cyber Security Analyst -High Level Clearance
ICF has been awarded work to support the research and development of new cyber analytics capabilities that will help the US protect and defend its networks and critical information systems. We seek a Cleared Cyber Security Analyst to support a large federal cyber security analytic program.
Your work will contribute to the knowledge of how cyber-attacks work, how vulnerabilities are exploited and the way hostile cyber actors operate. We are looking for individuals that want to analyze and understand data and find anomalies. Use your skills to help experiment and prototype future cyber capabilities for implementation at large-scale.
As the Cyber Security Analyst you will work with our customer, developers, and researchers to evolve, automate, and enhance cyber security capabilities in defense of federal agencies.
This role can be based in Arlington, VA or at one of ICF’s locations in the DC metro area: Columbia, MD, Fairfax, VA, Rockville, MD. This is an opportunity to contribute to an important project from its beginning, work with the latest and emerging technologies, and all while building a great career at ICF!
What you’ll be doing:
- Supplement operational cyber analysts in threat hunting, data preparation, implementation of techniques, visualizations, and employment of analytics
- Assess current use of cyber tools by analysts and assess whether efficiencies can be made via alternate use of current, or adoption of alternate tools
- Problem-solve by identifying potential tools/processes to support needs, capturing areas of improvement that can be translated into functional requirements for future planning
- Provide ad-hoc training to cyber analyst teams on tools that support or enhance current processes
- Identify areas of technical training gaps and proposed approaches to methods (hands on, online modules, etc.) to improve the use of tools and data in support of the cybersecurity mission.
- Participate in post-engagement review
- Effectively communicate with leadership to ensure awareness of progress, challenges
Basic Qualifications you will need to have:
- Active high-level security clearance required as part of client contract requirement
- US Citizenship required as part of client contract requirement
- 5 or more years of IT experience.
- 5 or more years of IA/security experience
- 5 years of experience using network security analysis/IDS tools
- 5 or more years of experience analyzing packet capture data and understanding of current threats and trends present in the Information Security and Technology field.
- 5 or more years of experience with different types of Malware including how to detect it, attack vectors, and vulnerabilities used.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Cyber, or a related field
- People skills and the ability to communicate effectively with various clients with the ability to explain and elaborate on technical details
- Experience with system vulnerability assessment.
- Knowledge of Linux/UNIX and Windows OS security.
Knowledge of computer programming languages and scripting languages
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Client Office (VA88)