Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Lead Reverse Engineer (Cryptographer) -High Level Clearance
ICF has been awarded work to support the research and development of new cyber analytics capabilities that will help the US protect and defend its networks and critical information systems. We seek a Cleared Reverse Engineer to support a large federal cyber security analytic program.
Your work will contribute to the knowledge of how cyber-attacks work, how vulnerabilities are exploited and the way hostile cyber actors operate. Use your skills to help experiment and prototype future cyber capabilities for implementation at large-scale. As a Reverse Engineer you will work with our customer, other subject matter experts, developers, and researchers to evolve, automate, and enhance cyber security capabilities in defense of federal agencies.
This role can be based in Arlington, VA or at one of ICF’s locations in the DC metro area: Columbia, MD, Fairfax, VA, Rockville, MD. This is an opportunity to contribute to an important project from its beginning, work with the latest and emerging technologies, and all while building a great career at ICF!
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead a scientifically diverse team in Advanced Reverse Engineering and Cryptanalysis Programs
- Work as an interdisciplinary team of software developers, computer scientists and mathematicians to research and design algorithms related to cryptography and security, and deploy new capabilities in a high performance computing setting
- Primary responsibilities will be to facilitate the development and deployment of capabilities on various cloud and other compute clusters
- Incorporate best practices for web-based security and implementation of cryptographic hash algorithms
- Reverse Engineering applications with IDA Pro, OllyDbg, WinDbg, and other related tools
- Remain apprised of new and developing cybersecurity services and information relevant to the enhancement of customer capabilities
Basic Qualifications you will need to have:
- Active high-level security clearance required as part of client contract requirement
- US Citizenship required as part of client contract requirement
- 5+ or more years of research experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Experience in implementation and best practices of modern cryptographic protocols
- Experience using automated tools for software analysis
- Experience leading cross-matrix teams
- Advanced degree in a related field
- Analysis of embedded systems
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) experience
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Client Office (VA88)