Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Data Analytics Mining Researcher
Senior Data Analytics Mining Researcher -High Level Clearance
ICF has been awarded work to support the research and development of new cyber analytics capabilities that will help the US protect and defend its networks and critical information systems. We seek a Cleared Senior Data Analytics Mining Researcher to support a large federal cyber security analytic program.
Your work will contribute to the knowledge of how cyber-attacks work, how vulnerabilities are exploited and the way hostile cyber actors operate. Use your skills to help experiment and prototype future cyber capabilities for implementation at large-scale. As the Senior Data Analytics Mining Researcher you will work with our customer, subject matter experts, developers, and other researchers to evolve and enhance cyber security capabilities in defense of federal agencies.
This role can be based in Arlington, VA or at one of ICF’s locations in the DC metro area: Columbia, MD, Fairfax, VA, Rockville, MD. This is an opportunity to contribute to an important project from its beginning, work with the latest and emerging technologies, and all while building a great career at ICF!
What you’ll be doing:
- Research analytic theory and emerging capabilities to support the varied use cases associated with discovering clandestine advanced threat actor activities
- Perform original research and work across communities of interest to discover new analytic platforms, services, tools, techniques, and processes (TTPs) and Tradecraft
- Perform ongoing analysis of academic and commercial research
- Perform research to discover and incorporate analytic theory in the creation of analytic service products
- Identify sources of data (both COTS and GOTS) that may be used in new or enhanced ways to support cyber analysts and the mission to monitor network capacity and performance
- Provide expertise in the fields of analytics development, cybersecurity data integration, advanced visualization, automated analytics process improvements (new automation and/or enhancements to existing capabilities), end user services that help to resolve cybersecurity challenges
- Remain apprised of new and developing cybersecurity services and information relevant to the enhancement of customer capabilities
Basic Qualifications you will need to have:
- Active high-level security clearance required as part of client contract requirement
- US Citizenship required as part of client contract requirement
- 8+ or more years of research experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Advanced degree in a related field
- Advanced knowledge of cyber threats and TTPs
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Client Office (VA88)