Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
PACS/HSPD-12 Subject Matter Expert
ICF has an opening for an experienced Physical Access Management (PACS) subject matter expert focused on meeting Homeland Security Presidential Directive 12 (HSPD-12) compliant PACS enterprise solutions. In this position your primary responsibility will be to work with the ICF PACS lead and HSPD-12 technical director to support testing, integration, maintenance, and auditing support of HSPD-12 compliant PACS solutions.
Schedule: The candidate will work a standard 8 work-hour day, Monday through Friday, with core hours from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Will telework during pandemic and work onsite at the Agency site in Woodlawn, MD., post pandemic.
- Work with ICF leads, customers, and various hardware and software PACS vendors to support all phases of architecting HSPD-12 compliant PACS solutions.
- Interview stakeholders to devise project work breakdown structures.
- Interact with customers and other technical personnel to define network and hardware specifications to support lab implementation and testing.
- Develop test plans and coordinate testing within both an isolated lab and in client labs in accordance with network and hardware testing policies.
- Assist with the evaluation, selection, and integration of HSPD-12 related hardware and software products regarding all facets of HSPD-12 compliant PACS solutions.
- Learn and understand all facets of the SSA HSPD-12 program including enrollment, card management, public key infrastructure, logical access control, and physical access control.
- Support customer auditing requirements, processes, and respond to POAMs, regarding PACS and associated HSPD-12 system solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 6 years IT and Physical Security Systems experience.
- Must possess knowledge of physical access control systems; includes experience with the major providers of access physical access control systems.
- Must possess 3 years’ experience of HSPD-12 PIV card integration with PACS; includes knowledge of FIPS 201 related mandates.
- Must possess knowledge of current Windows operating systems, databases, networks and computer hardware (including peripheral devices such as scanners, cameras, etc.).
- The candidate would be required to pass a Federal National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) background investigation for this role.
- Factory training and certification on manufacturer’s systems related to HSPD-12/PACS systems is preferred
- Knowledge of federally published standards relating to PIV/HSPD-12 (e.g. FIPS-201, the NIST SP800 series, etc.).
- Capable of learning new systems quickly with limited training, manuals and technical support.
- Knowledge of federal procurement and contracting environments.
- Experience reviewing, developing and providing comments for engineering designs and concepts for proposed systems.
- Exhibit strong team player skills with a willingness to assume responsibility and respond to new challenges.
- Demonstrate professionalism, strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to work independently.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-pace environment.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-pace environment.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Client Office (MD88)