Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Python Developer - High Level Clearance
ICF has been awarded work to support the research and development of new cyber analytics capabilities that will help the US protect and defend its networks and critical information systems. We seek a Cleared Senior Software Developer to support a large federal cyber security analytic program.
Your work will contribute to the knowledge of how cyber-attacks work, how vulnerabilities are exploited and the way hostile cyber actors operate. We are looking for individuals that want to analyze and understand data and find anomalies. Use your skills to help experiment and prototype future cyber capabilities for implementation at large-scale.
As the Senior Python Developer you will work with our customer, program subject matter experts, and researchers to evolve, automate, and enhance cyber security capabilities. You will provide software engineering development and support, as well as oversight for other personnel.
This role can be based in Arlington, VA or at one of ICF’s locations in the DC metro area: Columbia, MD, Fairfax, VA, Rockville, MD. This is an opportunity to contribute to an important project from its beginning, work with the latest and emerging technologies, and all while building a great career at ICF!
What you’ll be doing:
- Work closely with cyber personnel to understand manual analytic processes that are used to assist in the automation of those processes
- Create automated analytic capability sets (e.g., signature, behavioral, heuristic, anomalous, unsupervised-learning, predictive, and emerging)
- Develop new platforms to elicit operational effect
- Support the design, development, and deployment of production systems adhering to the Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery CI/CD pipeline
- Post-deployment support of continuous analysis through the full lifecycle of the capabilities
- Perform functions associated with the analysis of information, refinement of analytics and countermeasure selection, reviewing output, and making upgrades/improvements to the performance of the analytics and countermeasures.
Basic Qualifications you will need to have:
- Active high-level security clearance required as part of client contract requirement
- US Citizenship required as part of client contract requirement
- 7+ years experience in software development
- Familiarity with federal cybersecurity requirements
- Experience with a variety of analytics. Examples include: file, network, host-based, and emulytic
- Possess up-to-date knowledge of technological developments in the industry.
- Experience within some or all of these capability areas: Intrusion Detection; Analytics; Information Sharing; Intrusion Prevention; Core Infrastructure
- Experience with shell scripting
- Experience with EINSTEIN
- Experience with monitoring/diagnosing activity at the host, application, network, internet protocol, database, source code, and LAN layers or other areas preferred
- Experience in analytics associated with analyzing databases, source code, hosts, middleware, application, Local Area Network (LAN) and Internet networks across Open System Interconnect (OSI) model
- Experience in developing real- or near real-time automation
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) experience
- Bachelor’s Degree.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Client Office (VA88)