Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
About ICF’s Transportation Practice
ICF’s Transportation Practice specializes in addressing complex planning, policy, and program issues at the nexus of transportation and the environment, energy, and communities. ICF’s work focuses on integrated approaches that support sustainable transportation decisions, addressing mobility, safety, environmental, social, and economic effects of transportation. Our work includes strategic planning, research, policy analysis, outreach, training, and program evaluation for federal, state, and local governments, including the U.S. Department of Transportation, the Transportation Research Board, state transportation and environmental agencies, and metropolitan planning organizations, as well as local governments. We specialize in evaluating the impacts of infrastructure projects, programs, and government policies; developing guidebooks; and documenting best practices related to integrated planning, transportation operations, and the environment.
We are seeking a PMO Analyst to sit onsite at a federal transportation agency. The individual chosen for this position will provide program/administrative management support; support document configuration and information management activities; track project finance, schedule, and progress; assist in managing business processes and workflows; prepare materials for, attend, and provide onsite support for client meetings; and support development of research and spending plans. The anticipated location for this position is onsite for a transportation client in the Washington DC area. The position involves the development and delivery of accurate, timely, and high-quality products.
This position will support a variety of general program/administrative management and technical support duties, including, but not limited to:
Program/Administrative Management tasks:
- Track project/program finance and schedule, including planned and actual commitments, milestones, obligations, and expenditures.
- Track and monitor the progress of the project activities and report status, risks, issues; recommend adjustments to ensure the successful completion of project.
- Develop and manage business rhythm calendars; document business rhythm needs.
- Support document configuration and information management activities.
- Support workflow efficiencies and project/program management platforms.
- Support development of research, spending, and unit plans.
- Organize electronic files and folders, and update and manage website/HTML content.
- Review data, develop trends, conduct data interpretation, and update existing databases.
- Coordinate, organize, and facilitate meetings with client partners and stakeholders, including virtual meetings such as webinars, Skype meetings, video conferences, etc.
- Coordinate meeting schedule, travel, and logistics activities.
This position will be remote until we resume meeting in the office- which will be downtown Washington, DC and is available immediately.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of relevant professional experience.
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information.
- Self-starter, self-directed and motivated.
- Bring your ideas to the table!
- Knowledge of project lifecycle management.
- Demonstrated experience in program/administrative management, document configuration management, business processes and workflows, and project finance and schedule tracking.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions.
- Pass a government background check.
- Experience providing program management support for civilian agency and/or government.
- Knowledge of agile standards and best practices such as Lean, Kanban, Scrum, etc.
Required Professional Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively with other team members.
- Proven organizational, administrative, judgment and time management skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency in computer skills, particularly Microsoft Outlook, Word, Access, SharePoint, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Demonstrated experience with project finance and schedule tracking (using Gantt Charts).
- Proficiency with operating web conferencing systems (e.g., Adobe Connect, Skype, GlobalMeet, WebEx).
- Demonstrated experience tracking multiple efforts and deliverables, and ensuring deadlines are met.
- Experience developing and maintaining spreadsheets.
- Experience developing reports, minutes, memos, briefs, and correspondence.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
DC Remote Office (DC99)