Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Infrastructure Analyst - Disaster Management
Do you have experience in CDBG-DR or federally funded infrastructure programs? Join our team of Disaster Management experts!
What you'll be doing:As a Community Development Block Grant – Mitigation (CDBG-MIT) Infrastructure Consultant you’ll be working with the State and local governments across Florida on projects that aim to better protect Florida from future disasters and are funded through HUD's newly created Community Development Block Grant - Mitigation (CDBG-MIT) program. You will be immediately responsible for project management and grant support services associated with the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO) ReBuild Florida Mitigation Programs. You will provide technical assistance and project management support to both DEO and subrecipients across the state of Florida.
Open to remote work with travel to Tallahassee, Florida as needed.
• Provide project management, operational and case management support for DEO and subrecipients through the grant and project implementation life cycle including application, scoring, site visits, and award period
• Conduct reviews of DEO and subrecipient CDBG-MIT programmatic materials including standard operating procedures to ensure they reflect the process of the current program(s) and are in compliance with all relevant federal and state laws, rules, and regulations that govern CDBG-MIT.
• Develop written products and tools for grantee policies and procedures, program implementation, and design.
• Review subrecipient applications including capacity plans, implementation plans and project budgets to ensure compliance with Rebuild Florida’s program guidelines.
• Provide onsite technical assistance and training to FL DEO and subrecipients on relevant federal regulations including, but not limited to: CDBG-DR National Objectives, overall LMI benefit, procurement, FEMA or other leveraged fund coordination, program design and translating them into the implementation of the programs under Rebuild Florida’s CDBG-MIT guidelines.
• Work in close collaboration with on-site Leads and with PMO and project management to support best practices and client policies
• Support ICF team members to complete other project tasks as necessary• Travel to various counties and cities in Florida is required.
Required Professional Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree• 3+ years’ experience in CDBG-DR or federally funded infrastructure programs
• Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in planning, engineering, law, economics, business administration, public administration, or related field.
• Ability to provide expert-level CDBG-DR technical assistance to grantees and subrecipients
• Familiarity with FEMA Hazard Mitigation Assistance and Building Resilient Infrastructure and Communities (BRIC) programs
• Prior CDBG-DR grant management or grant support experience
• Familiarity and interest with CDBG-MIT and Rebuild Florida mitigation programs• Demonstrated project management and financial management abilities
• Excellent writing skills, with experience writing technical guidance or procedures
• Skill in managing multiple projects and stakeholder interests with timeliness, accuracy, and quality
• Excellent analytical and qualitative strategic thinking capabilities and collaboration skills• Demonstrable analytical rigor and good judgement under pressure.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Florida Remote Office (FL99)