Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Climate Resilience Researcher
ICF is seeking a climate resilience researcher to support our Climate Adaptation and Resilience team. Our team works with all levels of government and commercial clients to enhance the resilience of energy, water, and transportation systems, other critical infrastructure, and the vital societal and natural elements that make our communities whole. The consultant will join a team that provides world-class analysis that is based in rigorous science and clearly communicated to enable proactive planning and implementation of resilience solutions.
You will be responsible for supporting ICF managers one projects related to climate change vulnerability assessment, adaptation planning, and social equity. Projects will range from technical, data-driven analyses to writing reports for general audiences to supporting external workshops and communication activities. You will be an essential member of 2- to 7-person project teams that will depend on you to help create accurate, timely, and high quality products and services. You are likely to work on multiple projects, interact with all levels of staff, and have some client interaction. You will develop expertise in the field of climate change adaptation and resilience, and develop consulting and other professional skills.
This is an entry-level position, intended for candidates who have 0-1 years of experience and are available to start working in summer 2021. This position will be located in either Washington, DC or Los Angeles, California based upon candidate preference.
PLEASE NOTE: We will be accepting applications through January 22, 2021. Interviews will begin in February 2021.
As a Climate Resilience Researcher, you will:
- Perform quantitative problem-solving, data collection, and analysis.
- Write reports for technical and general audiences.
- Review literature, conduct research, and synthesize findings into concise and well-written summaries.
- Interact with clients.
- Prepare presentations, reports, memoranda, and other communication materials.
- Translate technical climate science and risk management topics into terms that are meaningful to more general audiences.
- Provide logistical and planning support for meetings and workshops.
- Work with small teams to prepare high-quality products, pitching in wherever necessary.
- Complete tasks in a fast-paced and self-motivated environment in a timely and efficient manner.
As a Climate Resilience Researcher, you will have:
- Demonstrated interest and/or experience in climate change or risk management topics.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to use data analysis to support problem solving.
- Excellent time management skills, with ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information.
- Ability to work in a collaborative manner and establish strong working relationships with all levels of internal staff and outside clients and stakeholders.
- Ability to take ownership of tasks and seek input when needed.
- Ability to be a reliable and proactive team member willing to contribute to projects in a variety of ways.
- Motivation to continuously develop and improve subject-matter knowledge and professional skills and take on increasing responsibility on projects over time.
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental or other Earth Sciences, Environmental Management, Business, Economics, Engineering, Biology, Chemistry, Public Policy or related subjects.
- Cumulative and major GPA of at least 3.2 or higher.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Washington, DC (DC02)