Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Project Consultant (Financial Systems)
Behind every great company is a strong corporate team. At ICF, we have one—but we’re growing and so are our needs. We’re seeking dynamic talent to help support our continually expanding organization. If you’re interested in a rewarding career in marketing and communications, contracts and finance, IT, business development, human resources, or anything in between.
ICF is looking for a full-time Project Consultant to play a key role in supporting ICF’s ERP system upgrades, medium scale system & process modernization initiatives and accounting year end rollforward activities. This position will serve as an internal consultant that functions as a key liaison between Corporate Business Services (CBS) teams. The role will report to the Senior Director, Business Transformation Office (BTO).
You will have significant exposure to our business and processes and work with key leaders within the Accounting and Information Technology (CIT) teams. This includes exposure to functional and executive leadership and could be a great opportunity for long-term career growth with ICF.
- Manage ICF’s ERP system upgrades, accounting medium system & process modernization initiatives, and year end rollforward activities from inception through closeout.
- Maintain Project Management documentation (e.g., project plans, Gantt charts, RAID logs, status reports, testing statistics, change management log.
- Schedule and lead project meetings, capture meeting minutes and lead discussions.
- Provide weekly status reporting and identify and communicate risks as they arise.
- Manage interdependencies and associated timing within projects with cross functional teams.
- Engage stakeholders as required to support successful project delivery, obtain feedback, etc.
- Partner with the Change Management leader on associated stakeholder impact analysis, training, and communications activities.
- Work with functional team members to document applicable test cases and track progress in the automated testing tool.
- Organize and lead User Acceptance Testing for the upgrades and medium initiatives.
- Accountable for successfully maintaining project related documentation required for audit purposes.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting, Information Technology or related field.
- Minimum 3 years experiences.
- 1 year of experience working on system upgrade and/or system modernization initiatives.
- Strong oral communication skills and ability to present to a variety of target audiences.
- Ability to work well cross-functionally, rapidly gain an understanding of financial applications, manage concurrent projects with changing priorities and initiate projects with minimal guidance.
- Demonstrated ability successfully working with matrixed project teams.
- Proven success working in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, meet demanding deadlines, prioritize tasks and adjust to frequent workload fluctuations.
- Ability to work independently while also being a strong collaborator.
- Strong working experience with Microsoft products including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Teams
- Previous experience with Deltek Costpoint experience.
- Experience with project plan tools (e.g., MS Project).
- Masters of Business Administration degree and/or CPA, CMA and/or CFA a plus.
- Experience with MS Project Online.
- Experience with Azure DevOps or similar test tracking tool a plus.
- Prior management consulting experience.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)