Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Project Accountant
ICF is seeking a Senior Project Accountant to work in our Project Accounting Group Department. You will be responsible for project maintenance of Deltek Costpoint direct and Intercompany projects. As ICF continues to expand a centralized project setup throughout the enterprise, this role will be instrumental in a successful transition working with various stakeholders within the company. You will ensure our project setups are accurate, effective and aligned with policy and will serve as the key liaison between operations finance and Corporate Accounting. Ideally, you will have experience with project accounting and the associated setup within Costpoint 7.
What you will do:
- Set-up and maintain Direct, IWOs and Indirect Projects in Costpoint
- Peer Review Direct, IWOs and Indirect Projects that have been setup by others in the Project Accounting Group
- Provide options to support operations in the Project Setup needs. Using critical thinking skills, make recommendations to improve the efficiency, usefulness, and effectiveness of project accounting, billing, accounts receivable functions and internal controls
- Work with Project Managers, Project Financial Controllers and Revenue Compliance to design Project Setup Configurations that meet the billing, revenue recognition and reporting requirements and are aligned with Corporate standards and policies
- Design, develop and maintain written procedures and establish and document project setup protocols
- Create and maintain customers in Deltek Costpoint
What we will need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a related field
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint and particularly project setup and billing modules/capabilities
- 5+ years’ experience ideally in a government contracting environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of cost reimbursable, time and material and fixed price government contracts as well as commercial contracts
- Experience using Microsoft office applications
Additional Professional skills:
- Ability to interface with project managers and support staff
- Great time management skills and ability to work in a time sensitive project accounting function
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
We value our talented employees, as our people make all the difference in our success. If you think the position is right for you, we encourage you to apply!
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)