Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Energy and Sustainability Researcher
Want to design and develop energy efficiency programs, and engage with industry leaders to save energy and reduce greenhouse gas footprints? You can at ICF. We solve the most challenging issues facing the energy industry today, while informing the future of global energy use.
ICF is seeking a detail-oriented, self-motivated candidate to help clients implement and evolve their energy-efficiency programs. This position will be based in our Fairfax, VA office. Successful candidates will support the implementation of high-profile public-private partnership programs to drive improved energy efficiency across commercial, multifamily, institutional, and industrial markets. They will be part of a team that builds and maintains relationships with key market actors, reviews and analyzes energy consumption data, and collaborates with other team members and clients to develop national and regional strategies to increase participation in energy efficiency programs.
What you will be doing . . .
- Supporting the review and analysis of large volumes of program data, in order to support core program processes, ensure program integrity, and distill data into narratives for reports, case studies, etc.
- Serving as a source of technical assistance for program participants, and maintaining detailed records in a customer management system.
- Reviewing energy consumption data for single buildings as well as large portfolios of facilities, to assist building owners in benchmarking performance against peers, improving performance, and achieving recognition for energy efficiency achievements.
- Conducting outreach to build and maintain relationships with key market actors, including commercial building owners and operators, industry associations, and utilities.
- Contributing to the development and deployment of communications, outreach, and training resources, including case studies, webinars, in-person events, and other opportunities.
- Coordinating with other team members and clients to develop local, regional, and national strategies to influence the market and increase participation in programs.
- Conducting partner recruitment, onboarding, and ongoing support to maximize program participation.
- Tracking state/local and national energy policies that impact commercial and industrial buildings.
- Conducting research and analysis of energy efficiency and industry issues.
What you need to have . . .
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline (e.g., environmental studies, public policy, etc).
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Highly-developed interpersonal skills and self-motivation.
- Solid personal computer skills (Microsoft applications).
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under strict deadlines.
- Experience working in the commercial or multifamily building sector, or for an energy efficiency vendor/service provider serving the building sector.
- Demonstrated expertise working with large spreadsheets or databases.
- Experience in energy performance benchmarking or energy modeling.
- Experience with ENERGY STAR, LEED, and/or other efficiency/sustainability program platforms.
- Familiarity with the development/delivery of public-private voluntary partnership programs.
- Basic programming skills.
- Experience writing reports, articles, case studies, or other communications materials.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)