ICF is seeking a talented Business Analyst to work with customers and internal subject matter experts to understand the business goals and objectives of the projects, and then translate those findings into actionable specifications for delivery. In this role you will be on the front lines of conceptualizing our systems to enhance our end user experiences while working with the best and brightest in User Experience, Development, Requirements Analysis and Quality Assurance Testing. This role can be based in Fairfax, VA with the opportunity to work remote as needed.
What you’ll be doing:
Manage and support daily work requests for one or more project teams by:
- Engaging with end-users to understand business needs to develop and document requirements
- Communicating with multiple teams to ensure requirements are clear and well understood from a functional and technical perspective
- Logging incoming requests/work in team tools (Jira/Confluence or Trello)
- Communicating with clients and the team about the status of work
- Performing QA and working directly with the developers to implement bug fixes and change requests
- Conducting demos or training necessary for the successful execution of the project
What you must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years’ experience working on web and/or software development teams
- 3+ years’ experience conducting and leading interviews to gather and validate requirements
- 3+ years’ experience in:
- Documenting requirements and specifications for web and/or software development teams
- Developing end user training guides and materials
- Performing data analysis to identify patterns and trends to define requirements
- Scoping work efforts into actionable pieces for delivery
- Working across multiple projects and products
What we’d like you to have:
- Agile Scrum methods
- Experience leading business analysts’ teams
- Experience maintaining Product Backlog in Jira, prioritizing User Stories for Sprints
- Breaking down tasks into Epics, Stories & Tasks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, especially in a client interaction context and in facilitating large team meetings to drive delivery
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and within one or more teams with excellent time management, organizational, and reporting skills
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)