Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
AWS DevOps Engineer (Remote)
In this client facing role, you will:
- Play a critical role in supporting our NIH client on impactful work related to Coronavirus.
- Work with the client team as a trusted advisor, leading technical discussions, design, and implementation of cloud-based tools to accelerate data driven discovery and assist our client in telling a story with that data.
- Design cloud-based solutions and strategies that align with our clients’ business objectives, including selection and review of technology frameworks/architecture focusing on stability, longevity, security, and simplicity. This primarily consists of technology stacks for web-based marketing initiatives but may also include data entry and survey components.
- Work with consultants, technologists, scientists, analysts, and engineers to develop search and retrieval interfaces, develop APIs that support retrieval of data and programmatic access, develop graphic data consoles, build web and programmatic submission interfaces that can support cloud-based data analysis and tools, build a seamless processing pipeline for validation and annotation, and deploy production ready solutions.
- Architect reusable solutions that automate processes, monitor app and server performance, comply with NIST standards, simplify the ATO process, and are not cost-prohibitive.
- Provide detailed documentation that clearly articulates how any given DevOps approach facilitates industry practices and complies with NIST/ATO requirements.
- Review infrastructure and processes to improve, standardize, and drive business value while decreasing the effort to get there, sharing strategic technical direction with the rest of the organization.
You will need:
- 7+ years of progressive experience and in software development, systems administration, engineering infrastructure as code, and architecture responsibility, with at least 3 of those years working in a senior technical position.
- 3+ years of experience in data center architecture and cloud IaaS environments
- Extensive knowledge of the software development landscape and experience changing the software development lifecycle. AWS Certified preferred.
- Ability to aptly target information across different audiences and meet with stakeholders to explain technical designs and get buy in.
- Proficiency writing quotes and providing budgets with reference architecture.
- Experience architecting within a restricted security framework like HIPAA/NIST/PCI and an understanding of related security controls.
- Intimate familiarity with architecting AWS solutions Amazon Linux 2 and Windows operating systems Windows, as well as deploying hardened AMIs to meet various levels of security compliance.
- Broad experience with various tools such as Jenkins, Git, Docker and configuration management tools Ansible and Terraform.
- Expert on CI/CD automation and enhancement in the web development process and integrating AWS Developer Tools, especially CodeCommit, CodeBuild, and CodePipeline.
- Proficient in one or more scripting languages including Shell, PHP and/or Python.
- Familiar with CMS web development and functionality such sending email, database interactions, virus scanning (ClamAV), caching/CDN, content and document indexing, and the interactions between the web application, CI pipeline, and AWS architecture that make those features work.
- Comprehensive understanding of creating rulesets and monitoring traffic with WAF.
- Experience with native AWS logging, monitoring, and analysis tools like CloudTrail, CloudWatch, Athena. Familiarity with ELK stacks and Splunk helpful.
- Ability to automate S3 bucket lifecycles for log retention per ATO requirements.
- Demonstrated understanding of networking and core Internet protocols and secure remote access patterns. (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, SSH, and distributed networks, VPN remote access and WAN VPN design for central tooling.)
- Experience with containerization and AWS Container as a service-offerings desired.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)