Project Finance Controller
ICF is looking for a driven Project Finance Controller. With over 50 years of experience, ICF is a stable, yet progressive company on the cutting edge of many of today’s most relevant issues. Responsibilities include project setup, budgeting, forecasting, revenue recognition, variance analysis, and reporting. The position also allows the opportunity to interface with operations and senior management to share financial results and identify future expectations. Leadership skills are essential, and your ability to guide the project team through financial processes and requirements is critical to this position.
This position is temporarily based from home due to the COVID-19 outbreak. We will continue to make decisions pertaining to office access based on public health directives and guidance, practicality, and overall business requirements.
- Maintain project forecasts to assist the project team with effective financial planning.
- Work side-by-side with Project Managers and serve as the Finance Representative on project teams.
- Interface and build collaborative relationships with Departments across ICF, such as Contracts, Pricing, Accounting, Project Management, and Business Unit Leads.
- Communicate with direct management regarding financial results and ensure project managers and other senior personnel are aware of risks and opportunities identified during project financial reviews.
- Review and complete timely and accurate project monthly revenue recognition procedures, in accordance with GAAP and ICF policies.
- Prepare and analyze project based forecasting, including Estimate-At-Complete (EAC) and Estimate-To-Complete (ETC) analyses.
- Set up projects in ERP for all contract types (Cost-plus, T&M, and Fixed Price) in accordance with companies internal SOX policies and procedures.
- Maintain ERP project information (i.e. contract /funding values, period of performance, business metrics, project labor categories, etc.) and assure data quality.
- Ensure timely invoice processing. Work with assigned billing specialist; review and approve invoices; follow up on collections; and analyze and understand unbilled work in progress (WIP).
- Manage project subcontractor invoices, including approvals; write-ups for submission to AP; and maintenance of financial data for semi-annual subcontractor reporting (SF 294).
- Prepare and submit project monthly progress reports, financial dashboards, or other reports as required.
- Review and monitor project funding and expenditures for contract 75% Limitation of Funds notification.
- Prepare and provide necessary financial information (i.e., fee retention, final invoice review) and other related financial documentation to the ICF closeout department.
- Minimum of 5 years leading the management of financial, accounting, and operations functions for large, multi-faceted, Federal Government, State & Local contracts in a Professional Services Firm.
- Minimum of 5 years working with Federal Gov’t cost reimbursable, T&M, and fixed price contracts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance, Business or other business related discipline.
Preferred Skills and/or Experience:
- Master’s degree Accounting/Finance, Business or related discipline
- Experience with ERP, Financial and Accounting system, preferably Deltek Costpoint.
- Experience with contracts that have multiple CLIN and revenue types.
- Ability to interface with clients, project teams, and company management.
- Experience using Microsoft office applications.
- Self-motivated and results-oriented individual with a strong work ethic.
- Team player with analytical and problem solving skills.
- Multi-tasker with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)