Project Specialists - Disaster Recovery
Interested in joining our Disaster Management team in Louisiana as a Project Specialist? We are hiring immediately!
For over two decades, ICF has assisted public sector clients to effectively plan for and manage the complex process of disaster recovery from federally declared disasters, while maximizing funding opportunities from FEMA, insurance and other grant resources.
ICF seeks Part-Time Project Specialist experienced in FEMA’s Public Assistance (PA) Program to join our team in the Louisiana area and across other locations in the Unites States. As a Project Specialist you will be responsible for supporting and providing technical assistance on recovery planning- and community development-related policies, principles, and procedures.
- Establish partnerships with FEMA, State and applicant
- Provide program oversight and expert technical assistance on recovery planning and community development related policies, principles, and procedures
- Conduct site visits representing the state/local agency or as a member of a negotiation team
- Coordinate with FEMA and State Environmental agencies on all environmental issues and historic guidance
- Independently perform technical work of a high degree of difficulty requiring the exercise of originality, initiative, and practical judgment in the application and adaptation of standardized engineering techniques and methods
- Perform technical services functions and provides advice in the management of long-term community recovery components such as; disaster damage and impact assessments teams, and long-term community recovery operations within the disaster field offices, regional offices and public assistance closeout offices
- Analyze and evaluate selected project applications, supporting documentation, and federal agency inspection reports for accuracy and compliance with applicable FEMA policies and procedures.
- 2+ years experience with Federal and State Recovery Programs and Initiatives, FEMA Public Assistance and its implementing regulations
- 2+ years experience with MS Word, MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Bachelor's degree in business or a related field
- 5+ years of experience as a FEMA, State or Local Public Assistance Officer
- Relevant professional certification (i.e., P.E., CFM, AIA, PCM, PMP)
- 2+years experience with engineering principles and practices as they relate to PA programs
- 2+years experience in applying analytical and evaluative techniques to the identification, consideration, and resolution of a wide variety of grants administration issues and problems
- 2+years experience addressing strategic issues in disaster recovery operations including issues that have complex political and programmatic elements
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects in a changing work environment
- Ability to work independently and/or on a team
- Strong organizational and leadership skills and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional research skills
- Comfortable interacting with Clients and Client Stakeholders
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Louisiana Remote Office (LA99)