Senior Project Specialist – FEMA PA
For over two decades, ICF has assisted public sector clients to effectively plan for and manage the complex process of disaster recovery from federally declared disasters, while maximizing funding opportunities from FEMA, insurance and other grant resources.
ICF seeks Part-Time Senior Project Specialists experienced in FEMA’s Public Assistance (PA) Program to join our team in the Louisiana area and across United States. As a Senior Project Specialist you will be responsible for providing program oversight and expert technical assistance on recovery planning- and community development-related policies, principles, and procedures.
- Provide technical assistance and expertise in the management of long-term community recovery operations.
- Maintain a complete understanding of all applicable FEMA PA policies, requirements, and evaluating protocols.
- Establish partnerships with FEMA, State and client applicant.
- Conduct site visits representing the state/local agency or as a member of a negotiation team.
- Support senior program staff in briefing, reporting, and coordinating activities with FEMA.
- Coordinate with FEMA and state environmental agencies on environmental issues and historic preservation guidance.
- Analyze and evaluate selected project applications, supporting documentation, and federal agency inspection reports for accuracy and compliance with applicable FEMA policies and procedures.
- Evaluate project worksheets (PWs) for eligible damages.
- Coordinate, schedule and conduct inspections to gather standard cost and other data.
- Develop cost information and estimates for repair and/or replacement of disaster-related damage.
- Ensure that inspections performed under the contract conforms to contract requirements.
- Provide oversight to ensure quality, completeness and on-time delivery of assigned tasks.
- Manage, organize and set priorities for project staff; monitor workloads and job assignments.
- 8+ years of experience with FEMA PA programs
- 5+ years experience with federal and state recovery programs and initiatives, public assistance and its implementing regulations
- 5+ years experience in applying analytical and evaluative techniques to the identification, consideration, and resolution of a wide variety of grants administration issues and problems
- 5+ years experience addressing strategic issues in disaster recovery operations, including issues that have complex political and programmatic elements
- 5+ years experience with MS Word, MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant professional certification (i.e., P.E., CFM, AIA, PCM, PMP)
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects in a changing work environment
- Ability to work independently and/or on a team
- Strong organizational and leadership skills and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional research skills
- Comfortable interacting with Clients and Client Stakeholders
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Louisiana Remote Office (LA99)