Field Inspector/Damage Assessor
For over two decades, ICF has assisted public sector clients to effectively plan for and manage the complex process of disaster recovery from federally declared disasters, while maximizing funding opportunities from FEMA, insurance and other grant resources.
ICF seeks part-time Field Inspectors experienced in FEMA’s Public Assistance (PA) Program to join our team in the Louisiana area and other locations across the Unites States. As a Field Inspector you will be responsible for: Traveling to assigned cases to identify and describe damages through photographs, and completing required forms; identifying possible mitigation measures and collect documentation; coordinating with FEMA field personnel; and providing additional information upon request.
- Document damage and input into database.
- Coordinate and participate in case meetings.
- Follow procedures and maintain communication and focus.
- Maintain and track caseload and track in management information system.
- Keep Project Lead informed on issues, problems & resolutions.
- Superior customer service skill set, ability to listen, facilitate and negotiate problems.
- 4+ years experience in disaster management
- Ability to travel
- This position requires driving to different locations. Applicants must possess a valid driver’s license and clean driver history
- Bachelor's Degree
- Construction, mechanical, structural/civil, electrical and architectural
- Prior experience FEMA
- Expertise in using smartphone apps, MS Office, Data Information System
- Time Management Skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Louisiana Remote Office (LA99)