HVAC QA/QC Technician-Cambridge, MA
HVAC QA/QC Technician
To support our growth, ICF is currently seeking a full-time HVAC Quality Assurance/Quality Control technician to join our Energy Efficiency Program team, located in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Join our Northeast Energy Efficiency team and provide critical program support and technical field services for Massachusetts based energy efficiency programs.
In this role, you will work for utility sponsored energy efficiency projects focused on the Residential markets. The selected candidate will coordinate Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Control (QC) activities, which include but may not be limited to conducting field inspections, reviewing project plans and specifications, and conducting residential inspections. In addition, the candidate will schedule and conduct inspections with participating customers and/or contractors, and assist with the development and implementation of QA/QC programs, plans and procedures.
ICF is taking steps to protect our candidates and employees by implementing remote interviewing for our roles. Field work is not required at this time for this position; it will be work from home only to start.
- Must be able to effectively communicate to both technical trade allies and non-technical audiences.
- Maintain strong ongoing communications with participating contractors and consultants in order to assess their needs and to receive feedback on their experience with the program.
- Prepare status reports to accurately describe activities in the field and to monitor progress towards program goals on contractor/consultant participation and the completion of eligible projects.
- Coordinate with or follow up on program Quality Assurance activities such as inspections and customer surveys, as appropriate.
- Conducts internal and external trainings to include; webinars, tutorials and conference calls on relevant business processes and standards.
- Manages the process of regularly reviewing and updating critical program documentation. Documentation to include field verification guides and forms, processing manuals, and policy and procedure manuals. Regularly includes updated industry trends and insights into manuals and procedure manuals to ensure program materials are most relevant.
- Works as part of a cross functional team including operations, IT, Marketing, and Customer Service/Processing. Regularly meets with Customer Service/Processing lead to ensure best practices and continuous improvement initiatives are aligned on and implemented effectively for the client
- Conduct scheduled and unscheduled review of processing and application process to see where improvements can be made on flaws, cycle times, processing errors, and other key metrics.
- 2+ years of HVAC trade experience
- Experience with one or more of the following: commercial, industrial, and government facility energy use including motors, HVAC systems and other electric systems and controls
- 2+ years of experience with MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, Access)
- Must have valid driver’s license and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (Engineering, Energy, Building Science, Construction Management) or related trade or trade school experience
1-2 years of experience in one or more of the following areas:
- EPA Section 608 Technician Certification
- Building and maintaining relationships with key market actors in the residential construction industry including architects, engineers, contractors, real estate agents, home energy rating specialists, developers, and public officials
- Knowledge of applicable MA construction building codes and practices.
- Public speaking experience
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Cambridge, MA (MA11)