Assistant Account Executive
Join the next gen. We’re a new breed – a consulting agency. We combine the creativity of an agency with the depth and expertise of a consultancy. Our team is a mix of mission-driven strategists, marketers, technologists and data scientists, harnessing the insights, creativity and technology that moves people. This is what we call…Accelerated Change, Beautifully Delivered. Check us out at ICFNext.com!
Who we’re looking for:
We are looking for an Assistant Account Executive to join our team starting in October 2020. Our ideal candidate will have 1-2 years of internship or entry level experience in public relations, marketing or advertising. Additionally, we’d like a candidate with a proven ability to work with clients on complex, trending issues (familiarity with the CPG industry is a plus) and interest and passion for multicultural work focused on the Hispanic/Latino segment.
What you’ll get to do:
- Collaborate on a regular basis with team members across multiple functions and practice areas throughout the agency
- Manage timelines and creative deliverables to ensure consistency and impeccable quality
- You will be responsible for many day-to-day PR activities, including:
- Creating media lists, publicity materials and media kits
- Drafting, disseminating and pitching media materials and press releases
- Support client projects, develop and execute media relations strategies and coordinate events
- Participate in brainstorms and project meetings
- Identify and reach out to social influencers
- Conduct research and client, industry and pop culture media monitoring
- Support right-time engagement programs
- Help develop multicultural campaigns focused on Latino/Hispanic consumers
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Possess the ability to think strategically and contribute to creative solutions
- Be a versatile team player who enjoys collaboration and problem solving
- Thrive and be flexible in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Be solutions-oriented no matter the challenge
- Experience building client relationships
- Exhibit excellent writing and research skills
- Have a strong understanding of social media
- Ability to communicate in a clear and compelling way in verbal and written form
- Impeccable time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to coordinate projects from inception to completion and meet demanding deadlines
- Proven ability to work with clients on complex, trending issues; familiarity with the CPG industry is a plus.
- Interest and willingness to provide multicultural expertise as it pertains to the Hispanic/Latino market
Education and minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, mass communications, or journalism
- Minimum of 1-year internship or entry-level experience in public relations or other closely related field
- Advanced or superior command of the Spanish language
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Chicago, IL (IL12)