Data Analysts (Mid and Senior)
ICF is seeking Mid and Senior Level Analysts for our clients in Fairfax, VA! Although these roles will start out remote, once on site work resumes, you'll be working on site with our client in the Washingtin DC Metro Area!
What you'll be doing:
- Lead project delivery on Data Warehouse/BI projects for external and internal clients, including partnering with ICF subject matter experts on project execution
- Lead extensive data profiling and analysis based on the client’s data
- Work with UI teams and/or client to define BI and reporting requirements
- Lead gathering and or clarifying of data and reporting requirements from business owners
- Lead development of custom reports and data visualization products
- Diving into Data Warehouses to understand what data are where so you can leverage those data using BI tools to create reports, dashboards and other analyses.
- Guiding and educating users so they better understand their reporting needs, now and as they evolve over time.
- Linking those needs to existing BI tools and helping to scope out what’s possible and the best match so you bring business value to the client.
- Develop custom reports and data visualization products using large datasets to transform data into actionable insights.
- Exploring and implementing innovative opportunities to deliver custom solutions to support client needs
What you must have:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field (e.g., Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline)
- 8-10 or more years’ experience in a Business or Data Analyst role using software tools such as SharePoint, JIRA or similar systems
- 8-10 or more years’ experience working with general application programming and database concepts including modifying SQL scripts
- 5 or more years’ experience working with statistical tools such as R and Python
- 6 or more years’ experience working with Data Visualization tools such as Tableau
- US Citizen or Permanent Lawful Resident (Green Card Holder) preferred. Employment must be compliant with eligibility for Public Trust Clearance.
What we’d like you to have:
- Familiarity with the software development cycle paired with an ability to define/document business processes and software requirements for technology initiatives
- Ability to work directly with clients and ICF subject matter experts to translate business and data needs into technical requirements
Why you'll love working here:
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Generous vacation and retirement plans
- Employee support program
- Participation in charity initiatives
Technologies you'll use in this role: SQL, Tableau, R/Python, Agile, PowerBI
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)