Sybase Subject Matter Expert
ICF is seeking an experienced Sybase SME. You will be part of an established team supporting our federal client in the Washington, DC Metro Area.
- 8+ years of extensive experience in Sybase ASE & Replication server
- Strong Sybase database administration experience in ASE version 12.5,15.x,16.x and
- Sybase Replication server version 15.x & 16.x
- Strong experience in Sybase installation, configuration , maintenance on Solaris and Linux platforms
- Strong experience in cross-platform Sybase ASE & Replication Server migration
- Experience in Sybase Warm standby, ADHoc and MSA replication setup and support
- Proficiency with optimization techniques.
- Proficiency in database tuning, to ensure that applications run efficiently and reliably.
- Thorough understanding of software development life cycle.
- Familiar with hardware technologies like VMware, SRDF and SRM used for database HA/DR solutions
- Experience administering a large enterprise database environment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Should have ability to work independently.
- Provide 24/7 on call production support on rotation basis
- Additionally, the DBA with experience working on Sybase ASE & Replication Server will take on the following:
- Planning, Installing and configuring a database platform
- Planning, designing and creating databases
- Planning, designing and implementing High Availability and Disaster Recovery for each database (HADR) based on requirements for its workload
- Maintaining and monitoring the database platform
- Implementing performance tuning on the databases based on monitoring
- Re-balancing workloads across database servers based on monitoring
- Securing databases platforms and individual databases based on requirements and implementation
- Bachelor Degree in related field and 8+ years of Sybase Database Specialist experience in technology solution delivery.
- US Citizenship required (required by federal government for this position)
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
DC Client Office (DC88)