Account Manager/ Outreach and Project Support, Energy Efficiency-Columbia, MD
Outreach and Project Support, Energy EfficiencyColumbia, MD
ICF is currently seeking an experienced account manager to support our energy efficiency program implementation in Maryland. This individual would be responsible for managing a pipeline of new and existing customers and trade allies to ensure our programs meet participation goals. The successful candidate will also contribute to the internal operations of the programs, supporting the program manager with tasks such as reporting, application review, forecasting, marketing development, and client support.
- Develop and maintain relationships and partnerships with major local and national and regional distributors, suppliers, and manufacturers to support their participation in the programs
- Cultivate and develop new relationships and partnerships with trade allies and professional organizations to ensure program awareness and adoption
- Maintain strong ongoing communications with participants and other interested stakeholders in order to assess their needs and to receive feedback on their experience with the program
- Preparing and presenting targeted presentations as well as promoting program awareness and participation at trade shows, trade organization and stakeholder events, supply house counter days, ride-alongs, etc
- Provide program representation at trade shows, trade organization and stakeholder events, supply house counter days, ride-alongs, etc
- Assist multiple program managers with the development and implementation of promotional strategies
- Prepare ongoing status reports to document performance and activities demonstrating progress towards program goals, participation and pipeline management
- Review and analyze QA/QC data reported to client
- Support internal operations and management of the programs, supporting the program manager with tasks such as reporting, application review, forecasting, marketing development, and client support
- 3-5 years of Industry-proven outside sales and or business development
- A Bachelor's degree with 3+ years of experience managing successful energy efficiency opportunities, with specific expertise in one of the following: HVAC contractors, distributors, commercial real estate, federal government, or retail customers.
- 5 + years of related work experience can be substituted for education
- 5+ years of experience with MS Office Applications (Dynamics, Word, Outlook, Excel)
- 5+ years of experience with developing and/or implementing data collection, tracking and reporting processes (i.e. customer relationship management (CRM) efforts)
- Must have valid driver’s license and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check
- Strong proven success in an outside sales role and/or business development
- Strong follow-up and follow through skills and ability to successfully close sales
- An energy efficiency background with a solid knowledge of building mechanical systems or commercial lighting
- Economic analysis and familiarity with DSM program planning and evaluation
- Utility experience and understanding of DSM program implementation
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Columbia, MD (MD12)