Junior Emergency Preparedness Specialist
ICF is seeking an emergency management, homeland security, and/or preparedness/resilience policy specialist to join our Emergency Management team in the National Capital Region.
- Support development of emergency preparedness policy, guidance, and regulations
- Engage with the interagency and other emergency management stakeholders at all levels of government
- Support meetings and working groups in person or virtually using Zoom.gov, Adobe Connect, and/or Microsoft Teams
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 2 yrs of work experience in either emergency management/preparedness at federal state or local level or consulting in emergency management/preparedness
- US citizenship is required for federal agency check
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- Familiarity with current national preparedness policies, guidance, and doctrine such as the National Response and Recovery Federal Interagency Operational Plans (FIOPs) and their associated annexes, the Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP), and the National Incident Management System (NIMS)
- Experience working with FEMA and/or State and local emergency management agencies
- Knowledge of federal and state emergency management programs
- Demonstrated ability to develop reports and presentations
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and familiarity with Adobe products
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Able to complete simultaneous tasks, often with very tight deadlines
- Coordinate with multiple internal clients at once
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced, fluid environment
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
DC Remote Office (DC99)