Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Energy Markets Consultant
Energy Markets Consultant
ICF is seeking a qualified onsite senior project manager to support Department of Energy (DOE) in the area of energy technologies and energy market analyses. The position is location in Pittsburgh, PA, or Morgantown, West Virginia is contingent on future contract win, expected early 2021.
This is a great opportunity to expand your experience in the energy market space working with a leading energy consulting firm!
- Provide technical direction and business leadership in support of a complex contract focusing on analysis of energy and economic trends, fossil fueled technologies, and fuels, feedstock and products. Analyze technical and economic impacts of legislation and regulation.
- Manage multiple technical activities with diverse, and onsite and geographically dispersed staff.
- Serve as the point of contact and authority on all technical and contractual matters.
- Identify and support the development of new business by delivering excellent value, consistency, quality, and dependability; by managing and growing client relationships; and by working with ICF experts to identify and define opportunities
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with ICF and client senior management
- Perform day-to-day management of support activities including scoping work requirements, identifying resource needs, and developing budgets.
- Advanced degree in the fields of engineering, operations research, or economics
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in the energy markets, successfully managing large, complex, multi-million dollar government contracts
- Demonstrated experience of program management and the ability lead a diverse group of staff providing assistance under a wide variety of energy market analysis and modeling task areas.
- Experience in energy market forecasting and analysis
- Experience with electricity market analysis tools (e.g., PROMOD, PSLF, PSSE); some experience with DOE/EIA’s NEMS model is preferred.
- Experience managing technical staff for task delivery
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pennsylvania Client Office (PA88)