Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We are looking for a mid-level Data Engineer to work in the Washington, DC metro area. This role will start remote, and has some possibilities for long term remote work.
What you’ll be doing:
• Extract, transform, and load (ETL) processing routines and data feeds to transmit data to and from clients and subcontractors
• Create necessary data structures or data models to support data at all stages
• Design and implement custom data analytic and BI/reporting products.
• Perform extensive data profiling and analysis based on the client’s data
• Work with UI teams and/or client to define BI and reporting requirements
• Developer custom reports and data visualization products
• Support project delivery on Data Warehouse/BI projects for external and internal clients, including partnering with ICF subject matter experts on project execution
What you must have:
• Bachelor’s degree (e.g., Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline)
• 6-8 years’ experience developing database ETL environments with business intelligence applications such as Talend, Informatica
• 3+ years’ experience with services AWS Glue, Lambda, Microsoft Azure Data Factory, Google Cloud Data Flow
• 6+ years’ experience in SQL and procedural programming
• 6+ years of experience working with databases and BI tools such as Tableau, PowerBI
What we’d like you to have:
• Understand ETL concepts of data flow, data enrichment, data consolidation, change data capture and transformation
• Understand database concepts of referential integrity, indexes and keys and table metadata
• Demonstrated experience showing strong critical thinking and problem solving skills paired with a desire to take initiative
• Proficient with data warehouse design and development and big data systems
• Proficient with one or more programming languages such as Java or Python
• Knowledge of Big Data integration tools such as Storm, and Spark, AWS Kinesis, Kafka a plus
• Experience with DevOps tools like Jenkins/Git to assist development process
• Experience with agile development process
What you’ll love about working here:
• Comprehensive health benefits
• Generous vacation and retirement plans
• Employee support program
• Participation in charity initiatives
Technology we use every day in this role:
• SQL, BI, Talend, Informatica, Tableau, PowerBI
• Spark, AWS Kinesis, Storm, Kafka
• AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)