Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Environmental Planner
Senior Environmental Planner/ Project Manager
Los Angeles, Irvine or Corona, CA
We are the Environment & Planning Division. We are passionate about doing what’s right for our clients, our people, the communities where we live and work, and the environment. We are planners, scientists, program managers, communicators, economists, technologists, and strategists. We are collaborative, curious, and committed to excellence—these are qualities we value that make us who we are and inspire us to grow. If you perform well in a fast-paced, engaging and collaborative environment, and would like to work with a diverse team of industry professionals, we encourage you to learn more about ICF (www.icf.com) and consider applying to join our team.
ICF is currently seeking a Senior Environmental Planner/ Project Manager for CEQA/NEPA and other environmental compliance documents. This role will be remote as we continue to move through the pandemic, but once on-site work resumes, you may be required to work from the Los Angeles, Irvine or Corona office. The option to stay remote may also be considered.
The primary duties of the Senior Environmental Planner/ Project Manager are to manage mid- to large size projects and conduct environmental impact analyses for planning and development, transportation/ports, water/wastewater, infrastructure, and energy projects. Depending on experience, the role could involve managing and leading projects, or for less experienced applicants, supporting multiple project managers, in different offices, on a variety of project types. At minimum, the position includes coordinating the effort of multidisciplinary teams tasked with conducting research, preparing technical documents/deliverables, and interfacing with external clients and public/private agencies.
What You Will Do
- Serve as a project manager on mid- to large size projects and/or as a deputy project manager on larger projects/programs, overseeing the preparation of documents, reports, presentations, technical memoranda, public notices, forms, and other work products
- Conduct research; write proficiently; and manage multiple project schedules with competing deadlines and budget constraints.
- Provide support to key sector clients, including interest and availability to function as on-site client staff.
- Assist with public outreach activities, including presenting, as well as implementing communication strategies
- Manage multiple meetings with a variety of stakeholders
- Participate in business development through client connection meetings, capture and strategy activities, proposal preparation, and project interviews
- Help mentor junior staff
- Strictly adhere to professional standards, including but not limited to: demonstrated consistency and reliability, timeliness in meeting project deadlines, communicate clearly and concisely, and work responsibly – on a team or independently.
What You Must Have
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in urban planning, transportation/transit planning, environmental studies, or related field. (Master’s Degree in a related field desirable)
- 7+ years of professional work related experience.
- Experience preparing environmental analyses for CEQA/NEPA documents, particularly land use development and transportation/ports projects.
- Experience in a private environmental consulting or public agency environment.
- Work experience with ports, transportation/transit agencies, water/wastewater agencies, state/county/city planning agencies, or regulatory agencies in the State of California.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of environmental planning and other environmental principles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience interfacing with external clients, members of the general public, and government officials.
- Strong analytical skills, including attention to detail.
- Strong project management skills, including ability to take and give direction, stay organized, and manage time effectively.
- Commitment to overseeing production of quality work within established budgets and schedules.
- Strong work ethic with a positive attitude.
- Ability to exercise tact and courtesy working with internal staff.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project) and Microsoft Project.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Los Angeles, CA (CA80)