@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world. Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo!
We’re currently hiring for a Communications Specialist, to work in Rockville, Maryland.
ICF Next is hiring a Communications Specialist to support the National Cancer Institute (NCI) Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) Programs. The SBIR & STTR Programs are one of the largest sources of early stage technology financing in the United States. At the National Cancer Institute, the NCI SBIR Development Center manages the SBIR/STTR Program and supports entrepreneurs and small businesses developing the next generation technologies to help cancer patients, providers and caregivers. In addition to funding, the NCI SBIR Development Center offers several educational and entrepreneurial resources aimed at accelerating the translation of technologies to the clinic. The Program and outreach coordinator’s role is aimed at introducing new SBIR awardees to these resources and to guide them to best leverage these resources. The coordinator will also help with organizing webinars and workshops to connect awardees with NCI SBIR programs and initiatives.
We’re currently hiring for a Communications Specialist, to work in our Shady Grove Location.
As a Communications Specialist, responsibilities include:
Program Resources Coordination
- Communicate information about all NCI & NIH non-funding resources to NCI SBIR awardees.
- Plan & conduct webinar X2 a year for new entrants to the SBIR Program
- Serve as an initial point person for awardees to ask basic questions about NCI & NIH resources
- Provide information about different initiatives (timelines, opportunity cost) and refer to PD to discuss further
- Send reminder emails to awardees informing them about application due dates for various initiatives.
- Assist in conducting office hours for program directors.
- Provide feedback to PDs or initiative leaders on issues to improve participation in initiatives.
- Workshop program design and coordination support including content development.
- Coordinate with workshop organizing committee to schedule events
- Logistic coordination including venue, A/V, Security, Badges etc
- Work with the NCI SBIR communications team to ensure appropriate messaging to relevant attendees.
- Manage registration both in advance and on the day of.
- Preparation of post meeting summary and notes.
- For workshops hosted by other NCI divisions, coordinate with PDS to identify appropriate SBIR companies.
Outreach to potential Applicants
- Assist with outreach efforts to disseminate information about the program
- Perform targeted outreach to improve diversity among SBIR participants, especially from those institutions that are not traditionally recipients of SBIR/STTR awards (minority serving institutions, underrepresented researchers in biomedical research & IDEA states)
- Identify pain-points and challenges for new applicants and coordinate with PDs to find potential solutions.
As a Marketing Specialist, you will have:
- 3+ Years of Marketing and Communications experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or communications or life science disciplines.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, planning and organizational skills, and interpersonal skills
- 2 + years experience using MS Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with the biomedical industry is preferred.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Rockville, MD (MD18)