Senior and Managing Consultants - Policy Evaluation
ICF has a 25-year track record in policy research and evaluation in the UK. We provide Whitehall departments, economic regulators and non-departmental public bodies with expert support in the design and delivery of process and impact evaluations, helping decision-makers to understand what works, with what impact and why. Our clients include DWP, BEIS, Defra, DH, DFID, DCMS, MCHLG and the NHS.
We have several vacancies across London, Birmingham and Plymouth for Senior and Managing Consultants to join our community of evaluation professionals and help us to win and deliver high quality evaluations of UK Government policies and programmes.
This is a great opportunity if you have a strong interest in evaluation and expertise in qualitative or quantitative research methodologies.
The roles will involve:
- Design and delivery of process and impact evaluations.
- Managing evaluation teams.
- Providing quality assurance inputs to projects and deliverables.
- Communicating results and advice to clients and project stakeholders.
- Communicating to external audiences, e.g. through conferences and online communications.
- Contributing to our internal community of practice on evaluation.
The ideal candidates will:
- Have experience of the leading the design and delivery of evaluations of public policies and programme for UK Government departments.
- Have strong methodological credentials, whether for a research institution, consultancy or not-for-profit organisation.
- Be familiar with the Magenta Book and Green Book, and Government research and publication protocols.
- Have strong analytical and research skills.
- Be equipped to provide support and technical leadership to colleagues on evaluation methods, to build organisational capacity.
- Be connected to research and practitioner communities working on innovation in evaluation.
- Have experience of working in a project-based environment.
- Have good team-working skills.
- Have a proven ability to communicate clearly in written English.
If you have a passion for a specific area of policy area, then you are welcome to apply. We have teams working on a diverse range of policy topics, from digital markets, trade and environment to public health, skills, food policy and homelessness.
ICF is a privacy conscious organisation and your trust is paramount to us. Find out here how we use and protect your data.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
London Riverscape (GB75)