Transportation Network Analyst
About ICF International - Transportation Portfolio
ICF’s Transportation Practice specializes in addressing complex planning, policy, and program issues at the nexus of transportation and the environment, energy, and communities. ICF’s work focuses on integrated approaches that support sustainable transportation decisions, addressing mobility, safety, environmental, social, and economic effects of transportation. Our work includes strategic planning, research, policy analysis, outreach, training, and program evaluation for Federal, State, and local governments, including the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT), the Transportation Research Board (TRB), State transportation and environmental agencies, and metropolitan planning organizations. Our work often includes evaluating the impacts of infrastructure projects, programs, and government policies; developing guidebooks; and documenting best practices related to integrated planning, transportation operations, and the environment.
We are seeking a Transportation Network Analyst for a position located in Washington DC. The successful candidate will have experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Demonstrated experience in transportation network analysis and modeling for multimodal passenger and freight networks.
- Experience in performing geospatial analysis and proficient in use of Geographic Information System tools.
- Experience in use and analysis of transportation data products on commodity or passenger flows, network performance, socio-economic and environmental factors affecting transportation demand, vehicle and person activity, and travel patterns.
- Hands-on experience performing transportation demand modeling for regional, state. and national-level transportation networks.
- Experience in use of scripting languages and software coding and use of software packages such as ESRI’s ArcGIS suite, QGis, TransCAD, Python, or R, including the use of scripting/macro languages and software coding.
- Experience in visualization of transportation data and development of interactive dashboards in software such as Tableau or Power BI.
- The candidate will work directly with clients and senior staff, as well as internal and external experts in their field of expertise.
- Developing and analyzing passenger and freight transportation network models
- Conducting geospatial analysis of transportation networks and related transportation data
- Conducting scenario and trend analysis, visualization and interpretation of results
- Interacting and communicating with clients
- Developing technical reports and guidance
- Master’s degree in civil engineering, mathematics, economics, or related field
- 5 years of experience in transportation network analysis and modeling
- Master's degree in transportation engineering or systems engineering
- Experience conducting transportation projects for US DOT, TRB, state DOTs, and/or other public sector transportation agencies
- Government consulting experience
- Identifies and meets the needs of clients within established guidelines
- Understands task expectations and how tasks fit in the overall project
- Works collaboratively with project team and client to achieve established goals
- Develops and manage a portfolio of projects in a particular area of expertise
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Washington, DC (DC02)