Vice President - Federal HR
We are looking for an experienced federal HR leader to join our growing human capital and training team. The Senior Leader will have a proven track record focusing on organization development, workforce planning and development, career mapping, HR strategic planning, training and evaluation, competency modeling, hiring, diversity, and/or leadership development. As a Senior Leader at ICF your responsibilities will include business development, consulting delivery, thought-leadership, and team development. This position offers opportunity for growth, will report to the Line of Business Leader, and is based in Fairfax, VA.
Business Development & Sales:
- Leverage existing relationships with senior Federal Government Management Officials; develop and grow new relationships.
- Build business with an expected goal to generate (or significantly contribute to) $5M+ in revenue
- Analyze client needs, implement and evaluate effective ICF solutions following all Federal/State procedures and regulations.
- Work in close collaboration with other leaders to deliver qualified consulting leads and lead sales efforts; structure and draft proposals, including written materials, pricing and presentations.
- Structure, manage, and advise on consulting assignments, including outlining and drafting key deliverables, defining analyses, advising or directing the team of ICF consultants and contributing to final work products.
- Manage and grow client relationships by delivering excellent value, consistency, quality and dependability. Ensure quality of delivery and client satisfaction.
- Secure invitations to speak at conferences.
- Author white-papers providing insights on the best/current practice and developments in the industry.
- Support internal discussions and analyses to develop firm-wide perspectives.
- Support the development of strategies to expand ICF’s human capital consulting business.
- Contribute to development of new/improved human capital service offerings for ICF.
- 15+ years human resources experience.
- Demonstrated experience working within a federal government HR management function.
- Demonstrated experience managing projects including: Organization development, workforce planning, HR strategy planning, training and evaluation, competency modeling, diversity, leadership development.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, human capital, or organizational development
- Demonstrated project management experience including managing/monitoring project budgets.
- Demonstrated ability to provide people management and supervisory skills to effectively motivate and provide leadership to a team of research and HR management consulting professionals.
- Master’s degree in industrial/organizational psychology (I/0), human resources, human capital, organizational development or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in an HR role within the federal government including experience managing federal HR projects.
- Experience working on projects including some or all of: Workforce data analysis, workload assessment, succession planning, MD715/barrier analysis, organizational realignment, staffing and classification, HR technology analysis/implementation.
- Expert knowledge of current federal HR regulations, policies and standards.
- Exceptional verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities.
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information.
- Ability to collaborate with project teams and work with all levels of internal staff.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with senior executives and clients.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel).
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)