Junior Instructional Designer
We aren’t generic contractors; we are expert consultants. We work with our clients determine the ideal solution to their problems. We are seeking candidates who can help us create dynamic, engaging, exciting learning content with an emphasis on user-centered design, user experience (UX), and accessibility for all learners. This requires candidates who are nimble and innovative in their application of instructional design principles.
Using your mix of creative skills and project awareness, the successful candidate will create interactive and engaging ways to communicate instructional content knowledge as well as provide feedback on other team members' materials. The candidate will have the ability to develop a range of instructional materials including classroom-based training, online training and performance support tools, self-paced guides, case studies, job aids, etc.
The successful candidate will join our team based in Fairfax, Virginia. We focus on providing practical solutions to challenges in management and organizational change for public and private sector clients. These solutions include innovative, creative, and responsive training, organizational development, change management, and strategic performance improvement services.
- Work as part of an instructional design team under the supervision of a Senior Learning Solutions Designer and/or Project Manager.
- Design, develop, and document instructor-led, paper-based, and responsive technology-delivered curricula and performance support solutions.
- Participate in the development and review of products for adherence to style and storyboard guidelines, writing standards, course/task flow, and designing for standards such as SCORM conformance and Section 508 compliance.
- 2 years of work experience
- 1 year of ISD experience and a bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design, Education, or related fields
- Experience in the full life cycle of the instructional systems design (ISD) process with experience in developing blended learning solutions that are Section 508-compliant and SCORM-conformant
- Demonstrated ability to develop clear and concise linear and non-linear storyboards for programmers/online developers, including graphics concepts, audio scripts, user interactions, navigation, and other related elements
- Proficiency with word-processing, spreadsheet, and presentation tools (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of Section 508 requirements as applied to course design and development
- Broad knowledge of the field of human-computer interaction and performance-centered design
- Superior use of the English language including the ability to read, comprehend, and communicate information and ideas effectively
- Experience and working knowledge of at least one rapid development tool (e.g., Articulate Storyline, Adobe Presenter, Adobe Captivate)
- Experience with design production tools (Adobe Creative Suite)
- Familiarity with concepts related to Communities of Practice and the application of social networking and online collaboration tools to learning
- Experience serving Federal clients
- Experience working in consulting firm environments
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)