Survey Research Recruiter (Remote- East Coast)
ICF’s Survey Research Line of Business is searching for Research Recruiters/Research Associate(s) to support efforts in recruiting schools, school districts, communities, states, and national-level organizations to participate in research and evaluation studies on a variety of public health topics.
Primary responsibilities for this position include establishing rapport with states, school districts, communities, and/or schools that have been randomly selected to participate in community, state, or national studies, obtaining clearances and agreements to participate, carefully selecting appropriate respondents, and scheduling data collection activities.
Ideal candidates should be articulate with strong verbal and written communication skills, well-developed active listening skills, and the ability to be both succinct and persuasive in written and oral communication. Candidates should be adept at engaging others in conversation and interpreting possible objections based on verbal and non-verbal cues. Applicants must be resilient and present effective responses/alternatives in overcoming respondents’ resistance to participation.
Candidates must have the ability to manage assignments effectively and work under extremely tight timelines while following study protocols. Applicants should be self-motivated and able to work well as part of a team. Study assignments and tasks are performed using Microsoft Office products, such as Word and Excel. Additionally, each study utilizes a comprehensive on-line data collection management application; therefore, comfort with technology and ability to use computers are required.
Experience, including, but not limited to recruitment, college admissions, educational administration, teaching, field data collection, fund raising, public relations, direct sales, and health education/promotion would be ideal.
The position(s) is anticipated to be full-time, off-site from September 2020 mid-May 2021. Successful candidates will be required to attend a multi-day virtual training in September 2020.
This position is remote and the person must be on the east coast.
- Recruit schools, school districts, communities, states, and national-level organizations to participate in research studies on a variety of public health topics.
- Perform respondent identification in accordance with study protocol.
- Actively work to fill gaps in scheduling assignments and monitor logistics for assigned field staff.
- Bachelor's degree in behavioral or social sciences, public health, or education.
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience in the field of education, research, and/or evaluation is required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (i.e., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is essential in this fast-paced, client-oriented environment.
- Familiarity with school environments is ideal.
- Prior experience recruiting participants to participate in research studies preferred.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills required.
- Ability to think on one’s feet to analyze a situation, identify potential problems, and recommend solutions.
- Detail oriented with well-developed ability to document assignment outcomes
- Demonstrated level of professionalism in providing task support, including ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy required.
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information required.
- Ability to apply detailed knowledge of organizational procedures to make independent decisions and serve as a credible resource for a senior management team is ideal.
- Ability to work independently and with all levels of staff to achieve project goals
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)