Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Electrical Engineer (Cyber) - Cleared
ICF is seeking an electrical engineer with energy industry experience to provide strong advisory and technical support onsite at the Department of Energy (DOE), working on preparedness, response, and cyber efforts. The ideal candidate will hold an active high-level security clearance.
- Provide key advice and technical support across a number of cyber, response and preparedness programs for the electric utility sector
- Bring industry perspective and knowledge to help advance public-private partnerships to enhance security and resilience
- Work closely with government clients in collaborations with the interagency, industry, national laboratories, and other partners
- Identify potential issues and present suggested resolutions to clients
- Prepare briefings and reports as requested
- Work effectively with other parts of the DOE organization, other agencies, and the ICF team to accomplish tasks
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or engineering discipline.
- 10+ years of experience with at least 7 years in the energy industry, especially electricity, working on a mix of:
- energy infrastructure security issues in an all-hazards environment
- Cyber security
- operational issues
- public-private partnerships
- Active High Level clearance
- 15+ years of experience, with 10 years in the energy sector
- Master’s degree in relevant field
- Specific understanding of operational technology vulnerabilities and cybersecurity standards, frameworks, and practices
- Experience working on teams achieving shared goals and policy objectives
- Consulting experience on government contracts
- Strong project management experience and skills
- Proven verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated research skills
- Ability to effectively manage several projects simultaneously, organize tasks, and effectively prioritize work
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
DC Client Office (DC88)