Senior IT Support Analyst
The Senior IT Support Analyst will assist the FCC Application Support and Software Development teams with client support and troubleshooting needs.
- Provide technical support as required for internal and external FCC clients.
- Handle client questions and issues using multiple mediums such as email, ServiceNow, and JIRA.
- Communicate with client to identify symptoms, causes, and solutions effectively and efficiently.
- Accept and retain ownership for client issues using appropriate escalation path to ensure resolution of issues.
- Trusted to make sound decisions with minimal managerial guidance in sensitive situations.
- Communicate with DevOps, Development and IT Infrastructure teams during the escalation and resolution of issues as directed by senior support and software development staff.
- Retain thorough knowledge of FCC IT systems.
- Document all client issues in ServiceNow and JIRA.
- Test functional solutions to client issues before implementation.
- Manage open client issues (tickets) before implementation and timely updates regarding the status of these cases.
- Work assigned shifts and off-duty, on-call shifts as required.
- Ensure service level standards are achieved as defined by management.
- Assist in creating training guides, procedure documents, and other resources.
- Assist in creating productivity and tracking tools as required by the department manager.
- Participate in establishing and achieving individual goals.
- Remain focused, flexible, and take the initiative in working towards the project goals.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or technology field
- 5+ years of experience working on a technical support team.
- 3 + intermediate understanding of major RDBMS with emphasis on Sybase and PostgreSQL
- 3+ Intermediate knowledge of UNIX shell scripting
- 3 +Intermediate knowledge of desktop Operating Systems
- US citizenship is required for federal agency check
- Intermediate MS Office Skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including telephone skills.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and Ability to follow the process.
- Strong work ethic.
- Strong time management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a team and in a matrix organization.
- General software/product testing skills
- General understanding of web services
- Hands-on Experience with JIRA, ServiceNow and Confluence
- Flexibility of hours
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
DC Remote Office (DC99)