Transportation & Energy Consultant
ICF is a global consulting firm that makes big things possible for our clients. ICF’s Transportation Portfolio specializes in addressing complex planning, policy, and program issues at the nexus of transportation and the environment, energy, and communities. ICF offers solutions that support sustainable transportation decisions, addressing mobility, safety, environmental, social, and economic effects of transportation. Our work includes strategic planning, research, analysis, outreach, training, and program evaluation for government agencies, non-profits, and private sector clients.
Job Description: Transportation & Energy Consultant
ICF is seeking a Transportation & Energy Consultant responsible for planning and completing major project tasks related to emission reduction, decarbonization, electrification, and advanced technologies in the transportation sector. Work may include analysis of strategies to reduce emissions from a variety of transportation sources, analysis of the costs and benefits of advanced vehicle technologies and alternative transportation fuels, development of policy and program recommendations to support accelerated deployment of electric vehicles, research on industry trends, report writing, and presentations. The successful candidate will have experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Technology feasibility assessment
- Fleet electrification studies
- Electric vehicle incentive program design and evaluation
- Emissions analysis
- Greenhouse gas emission reduction strategies
- Fuel supply and demand analysis
- Developing innovative, accurate, timely, and high quality products and services, typically working on multiple projects with all levels of staff
- Leading data collection and analysis
- Solving quantitative and qualitative problems
- Developing reports and presentations
- Interacting and communicating with clients
- Managing task or project schedules, budgets, and quality of work
- Developing new business, including generating leads and writing proposals
- Degree in relevant engineering, policy, planning, or science field
- 4+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong understanding of policy and regulatory context surrounding transportation energy, air quality, and climate change issues
- Government consulting experience
- Strong quantitative analysis skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- San Francisco, Los Angeles, or San Diego, CA
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
San Francisco, CA (CA78)